Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    To be honest, I forgot about Blazer's Bluff. I do like that drop-in. It's pretty sweet.

And I actually had a really nice weekend. Lots of Ubus, the Skeleton World Championships that I watched after I left on Saturday was sick, the big air contest was dope, and it was nice to take a break from Gore.

im sure gore missed u too

Just think how much you'll
    Enjoy all that extreme skiing
    You missed at gore last weekend.
    Wear a helmet when tackling that terrain.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Psshhhh . . . I don't wear a helmet!

Danger is my middle name.

What scares me at Whiteface? John's Bypass on a holiday Saturday!
    What scares me at Gore? The Straightbrook lift line on a good weekend.

There are many trails at Wface that I respect.

I would like to get more time at Gore, but every time I go I get a little frustrated with the traverse over the top. Anyone else remember when the HighPeaks Chair went to the top of the mountain? Lies to Straightbook chair line to traverse over the top can take some time. Wface has Gore beat on lifts.

Either place with snow is a blast.

i like em both

Re: What scares you at Whiteface?

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    From the post it is obvious you do not know your way around the hill. If I went to gore and did not know where I am going I would be bored after 6 runs. Its just a matter of knowing hwere to go. Sat. the best option was to leave the hill and get out in the backcountry. WHich I am guessing would have been the best thing to do down at gore as well.
    Haha . . . This past Saturday? The best option was to go in the backcountry?!?!?!? You must be joking, right?

I think there's arguments to be had as to which mountain is "harder". The best answer (IMO) is that the mountains cater to a different skiing style. Whiteface to more of the racer, knife sharp edger; the snowboarder; and to the Park skier (some of the kids in the Big Air contest on Sunday were SICK). And Gore to the bump skier (although I wish there was more), tree skier, and hippy telemarker. This is not to say that there isn't some overlap (great racer style at Gore and great tree skiers - and especially great bumpers - at Whiteface), but just generally.

And yeah, "skier's left of Rumor" is a weak example, but where is the spot at Whiteface that you'll look at and pause a second before you dive in? I still haven't heard an answer . . . I was looking for SOMETHING this past weekend, and I couldn't find it. I agree that Gore probably wasn't much better this past weekend, but I wasn't asking the question about Gore, I was asking about Whiteface.

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    were you just trying provoke some reactions?
    Yes. But I still want to know the answer. Where is your spot?
    Since you've said that you were just trying to get some reactions, I'd say you've gotten them.

If you're now changing your mind, and just trying to get people's opinions on the steepest or scariest trail at Whiteface, you certainly could have posed your question in a less provocative way. To answer that question, in my opinion, I'd say skier's right on the McKenzie headwall. It's not long, but if you mess that up ... I hope you like the taste of bark. Also, skier's left on Niagara, though with the flat at the bottom, there's less reason to pause. That said, neither are "scary", they're just steep.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Psshhhh . . . I don't wear a helmet!

Danger is my middle name.
    That's smart but I thought your middle name was something since entirely....something I can't write due to censorship.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Wanna know what's really scary? ORDA!!

Scary, really??? There's stuff all over that will make you pay attentionbut if your truly scared, well, stay home.

Only thing scary is PJ's running out of Ubu
    The older I get the faster I was

Love Blazers Bluff.

That boulder in the middle of Empire last spring gave me quite a start.