Confused again by the Snow Report

So, it's 3:45 Tues afternoon and they've got Wednesday's Snow Report up already. Surprisingly, they are listing the Adk Express (the high speed triple) as an open lift tomorrow. But not the High Peaks chair or North Quad. So they're running a lift that serves 100% duplicative terrain instead of one of the others that would allow additional terrain to be open. Is the Dark Side considered to be in "unskiable" condition? Could be, but yet they post on the same Snow Report that "We've got oustanding conditions thanks to fresh snow this week and loads of great grooming!" And, where one glade was previously listed open, we are now down to zero. I just can't reconcile the trail count with the "outstanding conditions." Sometimes I can't help but think that the people running the mtn are their own worst enemies. Sorry to sound like such a curmudgeon, but I just don't get it.

Re: Confused again by the Snow Report

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    And, where one glade was previously listed open, we are now down to zero.
    That one glade, Straightbrook, was CLOSED all weekend

I doubt it was open today and yesterday.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

yea the sb glade was closed 2day,all though it didnt ski that bad,there was alot of wind blown snow in the woods,some were pretty good,twister glades skied nice,but wouldnt hold up oo much traffic,pretty scratchy lower down,skipped over to echo ,they groomed echo and the br chair wasnt even turning,seems they coulda done the dark side,but oh well,there was some fresh snow to be had here and there,other than the temp,it was a good day.wacky wensday 2morrow,too bad more wont be open.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    yea the sb glade was closed 2day,all though it didnt ski that bad,there was alot of wind blown snow in the woods,some were pretty good,twister glades skied nice,but wouldnt hold up oo much traffic,pretty scratchy lower down,skipped over to echo ,they groomed echo and the br chair wasnt even turning,seems they coulda done the dark side,but oh well,there was some fresh snow to be had here and there,other than the temp,it was a good day.wacky wensday 2morrow,too bad more wont be open.
    Surely LS and the DS liftline are firm and shouldn't/can't be groomed. But is it really that hard to run a groomer down Hullaballoo? That way the sadists can ski their runs over there and the folks who want to keep all of their fillings in can ski Hullaballoo and it opens up more of the mountain...

dissappointment the one condition gore does well

How is the weekend looking? I know its going to be warm but does the mountain have enough snow for nice (non rock) spring skiing?

Last I heard it was supposed to reach 40 and rain all day Friday and scattered on Saturday. Too bad, I know there is a lot planned with the 75th anniversary this wknd.....

Quote Originally Posted by skid one-one
    dissappointment the one condition gore does well
    Well said!