Vertical Rise of Lifts

Can someone help me find the vertical rise for the various lifts?

I'm pretty sure the Gondi is 1700 and the Adk express is 1500 because I know the base is around 1500, the saddle is 3000 and the top of bear is 3200.

But what about straightbrook, darkside, north, burnt ridge and the rest?

Is it on the trail map? (I don't have one). I couldn't find it on the site.

Someone mentioned straightbrook at 600 and I was sure it was more than that.

Thanks in advance.

Harvey,

Yeah, it's listed on the legend of the '08/'09 map.

Gondi: 1703
    Topridge: 998
    Sunway: 520
    Express: 1500
    Straightbrook: 900
    North: 750
    HP: 684
    BRQ: 1432

Jay

Re: Vertical Rise of Lifts

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Can someone help me find the vertical rise for the various lifts?

I'm pretty sure the Gondi is 1700 and the Adk express is 1500 because I know the base is around 1500, the saddle is 3000 and the top of bear is 3200.

But what about straightbrook, darkside, north, burnt ridge and the rest?

Is it on the trail map? (I don't have one). I couldn't find it on the site.

Someone mentioned straightbrook at 600 and I was sure it was more than that.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm pretty sure that it's on the paper trail map, but not on the pdf trail map that's online.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CP
    Harvey,

Yeah, it's listed on the legend of the '08/'09 map.

Gondi: 1703
    Topridge: 998
    Sunway: 520
    Express: 1500
    Straightbrook: 900
    North: 750
    HP: 684
    BRQ: 1432

Jay
    Wow. Thank you very much.

Some have have changed this year. I have added the old numbers:

xxxxxNEWxxxOLD
    Gondi: 1703xxxxx 1693
    Topridge: 998xxx 1024
    Sunway: 520xxxx 520
    Express: 1500xxx 1500
    Straightbrook: 900xxx 900
    North: 750xxxx 750
    HP: 684xxxxx 800
    BRQ: 1432xxxx n/a

The HP was made shorter in the early 90s about the same time the Straightbrook was converted to a quad. There were 2 rumors about why this happened. One was that the cable from Straightbrook was somehow used in upgrading HP. The other was to make room at the top for the new gondola building that was eventually built on Bear. The extra 400 ft of vertical for the gondola was too expensive for gore. The Whiteface gondola which was installed at the same time has 2450 feet of vertical. Nothing is too good for WF.

Thanks again everyone. Somebody at FTO was talkin smack about the short runs at Gore and I wanted to get my two cents in, but I needed some facts.

I actually think the Gondi going to the top of Bear is better than it going to the summit.

"Everybody" wants to ride the Gondi. (Everybody but me.) And if it went to the summit, you'd have many more beginners up there.

Also with the Gondi the way it is, you've got to have Topridge. So in a way the new layout may be at least partly responsible for that part of the expansion.

The gondi does work, but it took way too long to put Ruby Run (green) in for the novices who do ride the gondi. My parents are in their 70s and did not like the crowding and ice of Fox Lair.

Gore still could have done Top Ridge even if the Goni went to the top. By the way Top Ridge was supposed to be a high speed quad, but WF had a spare lift that ORDA sent down to Gore.

I saw that nonsense about Gore vs Loon with comments about Gore's short runs. Pretty funny.

Glad I could help the cause. What is FTO? I'm not familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CP
    Glad I could help the cause. What is FTO? I'm not familiar.
    First Tracks Online