Thread: WF Spring Plans

WF Spring Plans

Current Base Depths at the mountain are 28-58” with 167 inches of natural snowfall. January had very low temperatures which allowed us to maximize our snowmaking capabilities we were able to lay down a great base. Also, don’t forget the substantial capital improvements that have been made to our snowmaking and grooming over the last couple of years. Last fall we replaced antiquated compressors with new which dramatically increased our capacity and efficiency!

Historically the majority of Eastern resorts including both Whiteface and Gore shut down snowmaking prior to March 1st. Currently, to our knowledge every resort in the East have ceased snowmaking operations for the winter.

Please be reassured that we have every intention of operating daily, offering the very best conditions and service possible until our anticipated closing date of April 12, 2009.

We have some fantastic events to look forward to at the mountain!

March 7 USASA Slopestyle Doubleheader
    March 12-16 NorAm Alpine Finals
    March 21 Whiteface Open
    March 28 Whiteface Mini Park Meltdown
    March 28 – 29 USSA “B” Spring Fling Mogul Competition
    April 4 Apple Butter Open Moguls comp
    April 11 Pondskimming *subject to change pending weather conditions
    April 12 Easter Sunday Easter Egg hunt featuring over 2,000 eggs, non-denominational service, breakfast buffet, and special on scenic Cloudsplitter Gondola rides

In closing I would like to share a quote found on Herb Stevens The Skiing Weatherman’s report this week: “the prospects for some fine skiing and riding in March are excellent this year.”

Happy skiing and riding!!!!!
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I wonder if keeping WF operating on weekends past April 12 is option this year, weather permitting

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    I wonder if keeping WF operating on weekends past April 12 is option this year, weather permitting
    With what we got and the weather that moving through I hope we make it to April 12th.

this weather sucks! Will be lucky to make it to the Applebutter

Day light savings

In the past wface stayed open longer (I think till 4:30) when daylights savings kicked in. It is earlier this year - this weekend. Anyone know if there are any plans?

And what is the outlook for the slides?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    sadly in my opinion you may see them open once if at all so once they open hit them up fast!

Quote Originally Posted by nyspnypd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    sadly in my opinion you may see them open once if at all so once they open hit them up fast!
    If they do open, it'll probably be during the week and only for a day to say they were open. WF is famous for that.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.