Thread: monday

monday

real nice day,got there with about 3 inches snowed all day,trails were good,woods were good,and it snowed all day. heard a story of an instructor taking a kid in the woods this weekend,kid got hurt,it was an unofficial trail,dont know how the kid is doing,i hope allrite,but this goes with what people were saying about being in there,its not for everybody,and if ur not good enuff then dont go,oh this was on one of the easy glades.

Don't know about that . . . Glad you had a good day, though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Easy glade with a difficult exit. Must have been tough getting that sled out of there. I can't say anything about it, except that it wasn't me.
    yea its a bad thing to have happen,my friends were up and patrol had to ask them where the trail was,and thats an easy one.

cant imagine someone taking a lesson in there...we dont have tree runs where I work, but if we did, bet there would be rules against it. Instructor may need to size down his/her ski pants by 3 sizes from the sure fire butt chewing that must have taken place.

In trees....not much room for mistakes. Wonder if it was supposed to be more of a "guide" through the glades, but how do you sell that....unless you say it.

Weekend machismo was in full effect on Saturday---driven almost entirely by overzealous dads.

I just couldn't believe the number of kids on the bumps on SB lift line and Rumor who were near tears because they couldn't ski it. And every one of them was "accompanied" by a male adult (assume Dad) who is egging the kid on and saying "it's not that hard, just do it" or whatever.

It was really that Dad that wanted to ski that trail and not the kid, and the Dads should be flat out ashamed of themselves for forcing their kids to go with them. Be responsible for crissakes...

I even heard one Dad shout up at his son (who was crying) on SB bump line: "Quit crying, just point the skis downhill, and go". The kid's response: "I'm trying Dad but this is too hard." Dad just waited 100 yards down from his son and continued yelling back at him.

What the F is wrong with some people?

Re: monday

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    real nice day,got there with about 3 inches snowed all day,trails were good,woods were good,and it snowed all day. heard a story of an instructor taking a kid in the woods this weekend,kid got hurt,it was an unofficial trail,dont know how the kid is doing,i hope allrite,but this goes with what people were saying about being in there,its not for everybody,and if ur not good enuff then dont go,oh this was on one of the easy glades.
    Heard from a ski patroller friend Sat. night that the injury was pretty serious and to expect a crackdown on off-the-map skiing. Hard to believe that an instructor was involved.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

When I read stories like the bumps and kids...with their Dads, I wonder WTF is going through their minds.. You have to question which of the following is true, do they really love their kid, or love the idea of having a kid.