Thread: SB Chair speed?

SB Chair speed?

I know it wasn't just me, but the SB chair on Saturday was operating at like Mach 5. Presumably it was to help thin the crowded lift line.

I'm all for running it fast, but it was downright dangerous. Running it that fast, with 4 to a chair, with that many knuckleheads out on a nice weekend day was a problem. MULTIPLE people were falling off throughout the day during loading. It was ugly. Real ugly. Even experienced skiers were having trouble with the lift speed. And a lot of those people falling off were kids.

I've got a daughter in Mtn Adventure and I was hoping they wouldn't be over there for that reason. I caught up with her when they DID start riding that chair and rode with her and the instructor a couple of times. One ride up the ski school director was on a chair too (didn't catch her name) and I commented to her that the chair was running really fast today and people were struggling to get on--and stay on. By the time I was back at the bottom she was "supervising" the lifties and presumably trying to stop the carnage--and she wasn't smiling...Kudos to her. But it's a shame nobody else stepped up to take some responsibility in the AM and try to slow it down a notch.

Any other horror stories?

I saw the same small girl fall off twice in a row. She looked scared when she finally got on the chair.

tom