Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NY Times Article on Gore

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Good article. Like the bar vino shout out (great place to eat/drink if people haven't gone).

Also, the article seems to answer the question of when the interconnect is going to happen . . . They seems pretty confident in the lift going in this summer.

It’s west of Lake George, and often overlooked by the thousands of cars heavy with skis and snowboards that zoom past on Interstate 87.
    thousands of cars going where ? Whiteface ?

...otherwise good article

Did barVino make it through the summer? Anyone been there?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Good article. Like the bar vino shout out (great place to eat/drink if people haven't gone).

Also, the article seems to answer the question of when the interconnect is going to happen . . . They seems pretty confident in the lift going in this summer.

i took it to mean the lift for which the line has already been cut, and not the base area to town interconnect lift. i thought that lift (the one at the skibowl for which the line has been cut) was a definite....maybe i'm missing something. i'm sure snowballs has an opinion on this....

noted the $150,000 comment for a ski cabin. Harv's portfolio is rising.
    incoming .................DUCK !

yea, the ski lift at the bowl is supposed to have the install funds already. sometimes funds do get diverted, probably not likely in this case? we'll see. did Front Street complete any units this year? if they don't get the hammers going, ORDA may postpone lift installation. just a guess.

i saw last summer all you guys gleefully speculating on town to mtn lifts. Has your wishingful thinking now translated into a true official plan for such a lift? Damn it i bought a bunch of unicorns for people to commute to town on!

Warren County eliminated 72 county jobs so far this year. It's still short money. the State has no dollars either. It's about to drop the hammer on education and health care costs this week/year. A sledge hammer on these expenses is going to slam down next year. There's not gonna be money for real expenses let alone fanciful ones.

Any person walking into the local county meeting to request money for such a town to mtn lift better be wearing some kevlar. Locals here are spitting mad about the snow train. the topper is the half to one million dollar or so train platforms the county built that nobody uses. the county would gladly bail on the project if it wouldn't have to repay the 8 million dollars the feds put up for it. Efforts are underway to get out from under that obligation.

you guys are gonna have to have a bake sale or shake your booty at bachelorette parties to raise funds for your desires.

i gotta go...feed my unicorns.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Lift

The ski bowl lift construction is in progress. They plan to put up the lower terminal and a few towers to make it clear that the project is in progress. Completion for next season.
    Yes - the bars and restaurants survived and a new operator for the pizza shop with new name too. Copperfield seems shaky, but still open too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    Did barVino make it through the summer? Anyone been there?
    I had an excellent dinner at BarVino the last Sat in September. The place was mostly full. Most of the restaurants in NC had a decent amount of traffic. I commented to my wife about how many people were in town. I was suprised.

The money for the lift was approved last spring. The ORDA board held it up for about 1 month in an effort to try to shake down the developer but after much protesting released the money (which was already approved) at the following meeting.

Copperfields was very busy Friday and Saturday nights two weeks ago. Bar Vino closed for a two week period---slow times before the season starts but promises to re-open.