WEAR A FRIGGIN' HELMO!!!

Okay, obviously I actually turned on the idiot box tonight.

But, after just seeing the news that Natashia Richardson ( sp ) may be checking out from a severe head injury while taking a NOVICE ski lesson without a helmo, I've gotta' ask, WHY DON'T PEOPLE WEAR HELMETS?

Sony B., that Kennedy guy, now NR.

How many celebs have to sacrifice themselves to let the ski/ride community know that a brain bucket is not only more comfortable, but actually safer than a hat???

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate freedom of choice, but this seems to be, I'm sorry, a NO BRAINER.

Re: WEAR A FRIGGIN' HELMO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NPN

But, after just seeing the news that Natashia Richardson ( sp ) may be checking out from a severe head injury while taking a NOVICE ski lesson without a helmo, I've gotta' ask, WHY DON'T PEOPLE WEAR HELMETS?

How many celebs have to sacrifice themselves to let the ski/ride community know that a brain bucket is not only more comfortable, but actually safer than a hat???

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate freedom of choice, but this seems to be, I'm sorry, a NO BRAINER.
    I just read that she died. Unbelievable. What a terrible lose.

The hand full of times my wife has gone skiing she didn't have a helmet on....that will never happen again.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Please read this NSAA fact article to bring the helmet discussion into perspective: http://www.nsaa.org/nsaa/press/0809/helmet-safety.asp
    thxx

Re: WEAR A FRIGGIN' HELMO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Quote Originally Posted by NPN

The hand full of times my wife has gone skiing she didn't have a helmet on....that will never happen again.
    Thank God that at least some change will come from this sacrificial lamb, and I hope you're not the only one who takes notice.

BTW, anyone who sees you in your stylin' new Smith should make YOU the poster boy for this crusade.