Thread: Yesterday

Yesterday

NICE day!!!!
    Lots of people...upper lot full, high percentage of Ontario plates. There was a race on Twister, (real news flash there), lots of parents watching.

Funny thing, not that many on the mountain actually skiing. By noon, most seemed to be content to sit on the deck and relax.

We left at 2:30 and it was 53° in the parking lot.

Re: Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Lots of people...upper lot full, high percentage of Ontario plates.
    It must be Ontario Week. Jay Peak considers this a holiday week just like President's Week.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Looked like the weekend was killer.

Anybody venture a guess about this weekend? How's the coverage holding up?

I've got about a 20% chance of ducking out of work to get up.

Skied Sun-Wed. My wife and I were talking to a few folks on the Gondola. It's Serbian Week. Over 1000 Serbs (quite a few from Canada) meet here every year. It's a very informal thing yet a huge number show up annually. A nice little shot in the arm for local businesses. I hope the local Chamber of Commerce is doing something for those folks to make sure they come back for a long time to come.

Serbs

This is the third week for the Canadian Serbs in North Creek. Lots of rooms and condos booked. Weds night they had their own movie night at the Tannery Pond. There's actually sort of a tour organizer who brings them here...somewhat more than a random gathering. You'll see a number of businesses flying the maple leaf to welcome them.