Walt’s Bump Contest Summary

The skies where blue and sunny, but the bumps where rock hard first thing in the morning. Those in charge moved the start back till about 12:10 to let things soften up for the 145 competitors.

As has been discussed here the course was moved to the Arena for the first time. It was not as long or steep as Hawkeye, but it still was good. I spoke to the gentleman who built it on Friday, he told me it was moved so people could watch it from the deck and that would add to the excitement.

The course had 3 lines, but the money line was the one on skiers’ right. Everyone who could ski it did. The troughs where long and deep and became more so as the day went on. There was a nice rhythm to them down to the flat part, then it was pretty much a rut that you noodled as fast as you could to get to the kicker.

Once again there where 4 judges one each scored for style, speed, control, and overall impressions. They scored lower this year then last, I guess to leave more room at the top if they needed it for later competitors. In something as subjective as judging moguls you’re always going to have people questioning their scores, but I though that overall the scoring was fair and consistent.

Awards, sun and beer on the deck after was a great way to cap the day.

Once again Gore did themselves proud with Walt’s Bump Contest. You can tell they care about it by the time and effort they put into it.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Congrats to Gore for another Great Contest.
    Thanks to Whiteface NYSEF Freestyle team for sharing there pizza with us and S4L for the beers.

Quote Originally Posted by DUST BLASTER
    Congrats to Gore for another Great Contest.
    Thanks to Whiteface NYSEF Freestyle team for sharing there pizza with us and S4L for the beers.
    -AND-

Thank you for buying the tray after S4L's cooler ran out.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Really appreciate the recap, as I was unable to be there. Thanks HPD.

Glad to hear it was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by DUST BLASTER
    You are more than welcome for the beer, DB. I appreciate that tray you bought too.

P.S. Best of luck to you next year!
    Skier 4 Life

They should do a snowboard class
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things