Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Closing Predictions??

Anyone care to venture their best guess as to how soon we need to transition from skiing to mud season? Without a snow storm it doesn't look like we'll be skiing on Easter. I noticed that they are down to 3 lifts during the week. They are already laying off lift attendants. Can we get three more weekends?

Re: Closing Predictions??

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    Can we get three more weekends?
    Without some snow, no way
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

well im not sure about you guys, but this is looking like it could be my last weekend. sat night up to 1/4inch of rain, sunday 1/2-3/4 inch of rain.
    send it!

I was at Vail today. 40" of fresh
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    I want to say something nasty, but good for you. Unless you're rubbing that in

Did you plan this a while ago and really luck out? I've rarely had luck with that. Enjoy your good fortune.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    I want to say something nasty, but good for you. Unless you're rubbing that in

Did you plan this a while ago and really luck out? I've rarely had luck with that. Enjoy your good fortune.
    Chris has been living at Breck most of the winter. So yeah that might be considered good luck.

Good on ya Chris...miss your late night commentary.

Conditions have been great the past couple of days, but coverage has been deteriorating quickly. Topridge was the latest trail to close due to bare spots near the top. Get at it because there won't be much left after this weekend.

I think if they made a decent amount of snow on the north side and dark side they would be in much better shape in the spring. They hold the snow really well.

tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat
    I think if they made a decent amount of snow on the north side and dark side they would be in much better shape in the spring. They hold the snow really well.

tom
    That's really a cool idea. I don't think it would ever happen but.... you could extend the season. The SB side is good in the early spring when temps are barely above freezing. It gets all that sun.

For later in the spring....pile it up over on the North Side and as temps really warm...run the Adk Express...cut over on Wood Out (?) and run the High Peaks chair.

Tom Cat for Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat

tom
    I don't think they need to make snow on the north side. There is plenty of snow over there. It stays well.

What happens is that they lose snow on the traverses and connectors, which is where they need to pile the snow. They seem to do that to a degree.

I'll be there tomorrow, so I'll take note of where the thin spots are. Such a shame that Topridge is done

I just hope that Rumor and Lies hold out.