Thread: this is it

this is it

looks like this is the last day,its allways a sad day,it was great season,other than a few injuries i had a super season,i missed the last two weeks but still it was good.the mt was pretty decent this year,other than there normal bull.hopefully they can get everything done they want this summer and next year will be even better.
    hope every one has a great summer,and opening day really isnt that far away.

for what its worth killington will b open till early may,they have a 50 dollar weekend next weekend=ski both days for $50 plus you can ski there for $39 with a pass from a different mt,so the season really isnt over,just in our neck of the woods,jay peak has a deal ski and stay for $100,not sure how long they will b open though.

so have a great off season,and ski u soon.
    and too all my ski buds ill miss you take care and c u soon.

jimmer

very nice post.

FWIW, jimmer's friend the janitor told me yesterday that they have the money to install snowmaking on Sags this summer.
    incoming .................DUCK !

what do you think all those pipes are for in the last lot down the axcess road
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

I hope they make snow on Sags, but still don't groom it.

There were some days when Sags had the best bumps on the mountain . . .

The homepage on the site is promising snowmaking on Sagamore. Makes me think they ran out of time last year, not money.

I'm with Matt...leave it bumped.

I am definitely sad to see the season go. For me, it was a lost season.

This is not that early a closing for Gore, considering how dry March was.

Who skied today? How was the coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    The homepage on the site is promising snowmaking on Sagamore. Makes me think they ran out of time last year, not money.

I'm with Matt...leave it bumped.

I am definitely sad to see the season go. For me, it was a lost season.

This is not that early a closing for Gore, considering how dry March was.

Who skied today? How was the coverage?
    I skied all three days this past weekend. Coverage was excellent on the upper mountain, not too bad on the lower mountain, but you did need to watch where you were going at the lowest elevations. I've seen far worse closing days. Especially given the conditions, I think it was a very early closing. If Gore had closed next weekend (April 19) it still would have been the earliest closing in the last three years. Gore closed because there's not that much new money coming in this time of year, and ORDA wants as much of Gore's profits as possible to support ORDA's money losing Lake Placid venues--it's that simple. I agree--it's very sad to see the season go, especially when the closure of Gore, which is one of the southern adirodack's premier economic engines, is due to financial problems in Lake Placid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope
    ... ORDA wants as much of Gore's profits as possible to support ORDA's money losing Lake Placid venues--it's that simple...
    Do you have a data to back up your comment? Like the fact that money from Gore goes to support Lake Placid venues...?