Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    don't have anything to add, other than this is post #100 in this thread!!

this thread ROCKS. thanks for all the info/pix/stoke!

Quality 5 K DH pictures (not taken by me)

Thanks! However, this thread would not be capable of "rocking" unless Whiteface "rocks" winter & summer!

Matt Delorme from Decline Magazine sent us a few pictures he took at the 5 K DH race.
    A new photo album was just added to our web site that includes Matt's pictures only. Thanks Matt!

Here's one of Logan Bingelli from KHS Bicycles:

Mike Gross Team Drop:

Damon Morin Team Drop:

Peter Mcnulty Team Drop:

Thanks Team Drop!

More 5 K DH pictures from Matt can be found at: http://www.downhillmike.com/index.ph...lery&Itemid=84

More pictures will be added to this album shortly. As other photographers send in their pictures more 5 K DH albums will be added.

Enjoy and see ya at The Face
    Downhill Mike
    Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

Cross Country Mountain Bike Race 9-12-09 at noon

The Whiteface Mountain XC Fall Classic is a challenging, lower mountain layout course with climbing and fast, fun downhill sections. Laps will be approximately four miles in length and will take about 30 to 40 minutes per lap. The start/finish area will be at the main base lodge with some good views for spectators and pit support. Whiteface Mountain is a family-friendly venue with concessions and facilities available. Gondola rides are available for spectacular views of the Adirondacks.

Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

New Whiteface video

Here's a new video from the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau called
    "I Triple Dog Dare Ya!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl9y8pl1Wj4
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

Columbus Day Treasure Hunt @ Whiteface

To see 2 new short videos and treasure hunt info please visit this link:
    http://downhillmike1.wordpress.com/2...t-closing-day/

[/img]http://www.downhillmike.com/images/stories/columbus%20day%20home%20page.gif[img]

Columbus Day Weekend 2009
    Don't put your mountain bike away just yet; there is still 1 more fantastic Adirondack weekend left! Be sure to hit the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park for your last runs of the season! We want to conclude our awesome summer with a bang, so join us for a fun-filled Columbus Day Weekend October 9th - 12th, 10:00 am till 4:00 pm. Yep that's correct we are open for a super long 4 day weekend.

*Third Annual Treasure Hunt on Saturday and Sunday, with each lift ticket rider receiving a sheet containing clues leading to many awesome prizes hidden throughout the mountain.[/img]
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

New dirt jumps/skills park near Whiteface

I would like to thank all that have followed this post. I thought I was done till next spring and all of the sudden big things are happening in the town of Wilmington for mountain bikes.

Check this out:
    Kyle Ebbett has been in Wilmington, N.Y. all week building and overseeing the towns new dirt jump and skills park. Kyle has been designing some of the best mtn bike/skills parks around the world!

These are right behind the Little Supermarket and are free to the public. The ditrt jumps should be ready by this Friday October 16th.
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

New dirt jumps/skills park near Whiteface

I would like to thank all that have followed this post. I thought I was done till next spring and all of the sudden huge things continue to happen in the town of Wilmington for mountain bikes.

Check this out:
    Kyle Ebbett has been in Wilmington, N.Y. all week building and overseeing the towns new dirt jump and skills park. Kyle has been designing some of the best mtn bike/skills parks around the world!

These are right behind the Little Supermarket and are free to the public. The dirt jumps should be ready by this Friday October 16th.

Between Whiteface's Downhill, all the new x-c single-track, and now the dirt jumps/skills park, Wilmington should see more mountain bikes than road bikes next year. Historical!

See ya in Wilmington!

More info on the dirt jumps can be found on www.downhillmike.com
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

Oh what that 212th degree can yield.

The way this is going, the area is well on it's way to being a huge Bike Mecca. Way cool!

It's good to see Wilmington getting in on some action. Those jumps do look first class. You can see that they were made by some one with talent.

Maybe somebody will start a bicycle shuttle service from downtown Wily to the Whiteface Castle and then cyclists would coast downhill all the way back. that would be a very scenic and fun ride.

When I was a kid, we did this in the Smoky Mtns from Klingman's dome/Newfoundland gap all the way back down to Gatlinburg. 15 miles with nary a pedal. It was a kid's dream ride. Just cruisin' along.

Do you ride these jumps DHM? that run on the left looks particularly gnarly.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I have never ridden dirt jumps before. However, if I can learn at 47 years old, we expect to see many of you out there too.

If you look all the way to the right they have progression table tops. I will start on the smallest one of those and wait till I am 100% comfortable hitting that 1st.
    By the end of the summer the gap jump may be doable? Scary now as I do cannot even visualize myself attempting it. By the time I am able it will be that much more enjoyable. Gravity biking can be about getting over your fears.

I will need a dj bike but those are relatively inexpensive. A beefy hardtail with 4 inches of travel should do it.

Want to learn with me next year?
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

my mind says hell yes! my body says don't even try it.

jk, i jump my Quad and my skis a good bit so i'ld try the wee ones.
    incoming .................DUCK !