Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    DHM you should take some of this info over to Alpinezone. There are downhillers over there and they get a lot of hits from all over the place.
    Tell the CLITS TJF sent you

Thanks. Wow that will make it like 16 forum boards I post on.
    Downhill Mike
    Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

Quote Originally Posted by downhillmike
    Thanks. Wow that will make it like 16 forum boards I post on.
    16? That sounds like a full time job. At least you're getting your message out there.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I like to keep busy, and the mountain bikers need to know what I know about the downhilling at Whiteface. When mountain bikers that go to other resorts come here for the 1st time, they are blown away.
    It's been a secret for WAY too long!

Check out this quote from a pro from Montreal that rides Bromont. Bromont has huge lift lines in the summer. The most common question from Canadians are is "How long our your lift lines".

From DH racer.com:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by downhillmike View Post
    Honestly we have never had a ton of riders yet. I think when Simon came down here that surprised him and he wanted to help spread the word of the awesome big mountain riding on the east coast. That's was how and why he came up with Discover Whiteface Day.

"Honestly I don't know exactly why or how I came up with this idea... I just got so amazed by my visit in Whiteface that I wanted everybody to discover this mountain. This is really not something you can compare to Bromont or Ste-Anne. It's unbelievable to see how the trails are designed but still natural, no bulldozer or mechanical work involved here... just amazingly fast trails kept in a fully natural environement. It sometimes reminds me footages from movies shot in British Colombia. And the other thing that I loved was: You get on top fast but you go down hill during a very long time... all this for almost the price of what we got here in Quebec (depending on exchange rate!).

Francais:
    Honnêtement, je sais pas exactement pourquoi ou comment j'en suis venu avec cette idée. J'ai juste tellement impressionné par ma visite a Whiteface que je veux que tout le monde voit ça! C'est vraiment pas quelque chose que vous pouvez comparer a Bromont ou Ste-Anne. C'est incroyable de voir comment les trails ont été faites mais gardée dans un environement naturel... pas de bulldozer ou de mini pépine là bas, on dirait que la trail est née avec la montagne! ça me rapelle un peu des séquences de films tournée en Colombie Britanique. L'autre affaire que j'ai adoré; Tu montes vite, mais maudit que tu descends longtemps... tout ça pour apeu près le prix de ce qu'on a au Québec (selon le taux de change, évidement!)
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

After our ORDA meeting yesterday we discussed how to attract more skiers here in the summer to check out the biking.

All season pass holders (2009/2010 season) will receive 1 free lift ticket during the summer for mountain biking.

As we get closer to opening day I will start a new thread for that. Bridget and I will also be sending out email blasts stating that.

I was even invited to join Bridget for one her "awesome" podcasts:
    http://www.whiteface.com/conditions/sumpod.php

Bridget is awesome at this and I will try to get better.
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

i like this guy. ^^^ He's got spunk, spirit and great ideas ! thanks for the free summer one day pass, DHM !
    incoming .................DUCK !

Mike,
    Just curious, do you move to Boulder City, Nevada after MB biking at WF shuts down and do you have a MB bike business there as well?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I have been living in Boulder City for the past 2 winters. You could say mountain biking changed my life a bit. Haha.
    I worked at a couple of races there 2 years ago as a shuttle driver and just helping out.
    It was a fun race and Bootleg Canyon(http://www.bootlegcanyon.org/) is my second favorite place to ride. Well with the experience I learned from ORDA on how to put on events (5 K DH), it was obvious on how to make the races there even better. The Mob in Mojave was always on Presidents Day Weekend and not a sanctioned event. We made it (my business partner Elias) not only a U.S.A.Cycling race, but the 1st points race for 2009. So to answer your question I am trying to make it as a promoter & guide in Boulder City for the winters.

Here's a couple of videos of the Mob in Mojave we put on out west a few of months ago:

http://channelmtb.com/racescene_episodes.html

Turns out we had over 300 at the race in February. Huge turnout with the top 2 World Cup riders from the U.K. taking 1st & 2nd.
    What we learned at the Mob in Mojave will make this years 5 K DH at Whiteface even better. Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Note. The 5 k DH is the last points race on the U.S.A. Cycling National Gravity Calendar.

Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!

those guys ride like me!!!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Discover Whiteface Weekend

All is set for our opening weekend event at Whiteface Mountain Bike Park for June 20 & June 21.
    Hope to see some of you Whiteface skiers and riders at Discover Whiteface Weekend.
    Friday: 6-19-09:

* Opening day at Whiteface:10:00 am till 4:00 pm.

Saturday: 6-20-09.

* Open riding from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm.
    * Live music for your enjoyment in front of the gondola from 1:00 pm till 4:00 pm
    * The Lake Placid Center for the Arts has been reserved from 7:00 pm till 9:00 pm (or later of needed) http://www.lakeplacidarts.org/. This is a great place to see a bike film. Especially in 3-D!
    * Free of charge showing of Truth & Beauty by Nat Bartholomew in 3-D.
    * There will also be a pro trials show prior to the film by Sam Perkins.
    * During the film all will receive a coupon for a free micro brew at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery for the after film party.

Sunday: 6-21-09:

* Open from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm
    * 12 noon will be our 1st of 5 monthly pump track challenges.

Pump Track Challenge Rules:
    01) No chains allowed
    02) $10.00 to enter and a 25 participant maximum
    03) Any rider that can do 10 laps in 3 minutes goes into the winners' pool.
    04) All riders that make it to the winners' pool will have 1 chance for the 2 fastest laps
    05) 1 winner takes all (up to $250.00)

For more on Discover Whiteface Weekend:
    http://downhillmike1.wordpress.com/2...whiteface-day/
    Downhill Mike
    www.downhillmike.com
    Size does matter!