Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    The Jägermeister girls

I think they prefer to be referred to as Jägerettes.....

[quote="highpeaksdrifter"]
    Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    There is far more exposed rock then there is under I lift (Freeway lift).

Tssk, tssk. I think you meant to say Lift 7, not Lift I or Freeway Lift.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    Quote Originally Posted by nyspnypd
    Quote Originally Posted by CUskibum
    3) Keep Hoyts ungroomed. Nice bump runs are always enjoyed...
    I say do what they do with wilderness keep half groomed and they leave another half with some bumps

Not that I've skied it, but my sense is that Hoyt's might be a little too narrow to go half and half.

Not to hijack the thread, but, where are they going to fit the other trail next to Hoyt's? From the plans, the lower half of the second trail was supposed to squeeze in between Hoyt's and the lift, but it doesn't look like there's enough room there.

I HOPE the compromise won't be to just widen Hoyt's in order to handle the increased traffic. We've got enough wide boulevards on the mountain.
    It is suppose to go further down pats lookout below on Wilmington and then meet at the bottom of the lift.

??

i was talking about the trail that's supposed to be parallel to hoyt's. i don't think there's another trail planned near lookout below, unless the plans have changed?

you can see the trail that's supposed to be parallel to hoyt's in this image:

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    * Open up the Freeway liftline to skiing. Gore has utilized its liftlines for cheap terrain expansions to great effect. Whiteface should do the same. There appears to be a small amount of mileage leftover anyways.
    I’ve thought this myself. When there is enough snow on it that trail looks great. It has a nice pitch, not too wide, some rocks to drop off if you want; it just has a very nice flow to it. People who I’ve spoken to that have poached it love it.

It’s suppressing that Whiteface and Gore are both run by ORDA, yet they have polar opposite approaches to opening lift lines. At Gore they have Double Barrel, High Pines Glades, and Dark Side Glades all of which are a blast to ski. Gore also categorizes them as glades so they may not even count against their trail mileage limit, I’m unclear on that.

Here’s a picture I took of Dark Side Glades a couple of seasons ago. There is far more exposed rock then there is under I lift (Freeway lift).

The terrain under Chair 6 is also skiable, but a power cable would have to be moved. Under I lift all that would have to be done is take down the rope.

The trail that is now Blazer’s Bluff was blocked by a wood fence for a lot of years. Then a couple of years ago they took the fence down, which was a great idea. When it has snow it, it is a fun little trail to ski. Under I lift would be even better IMO. Let’s hope someday they drop the rope and let people ski it. High Peaks Drifter glade has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? :wink: :lol:
    They used to open most of the lift lines. I've got a ton of great memories of powder runs under 6, and remember an amazing run with Lori Singer under Freeway. No rope ducking required, but I will say you need a pretty decent natural snowfall to access either ( unless you really want to do some damage ).

The Jägermeister girls where at Stienhoff's one night the season before this and I asked one of them if they would be at the lounge this year. She said WF wasn't on their schedule anymore. She didn't know why.
    Ahhh, BUTTWIDENER conspiracy, but you can't expect a Jagerette to know about the dirty dealings of Centerplate. Time to contact your crooked NYS assemblyman/woman, but don't expect much 'cause they only know snow is something they pay to get moved out of their driveways.

I say do what they do with wilderness keep half groomed and they leave another half with some bumps

Not that I've skied it, but my sense is that Hoyt's might be a little too narrow to go half and half.

Not to hijack the thread, but, where are they going to fit the other trail next to Hoyt's? From the plans, the lower half of the second trail was supposed to squeeze in between Hoyt's and the lift, but it doesn't look like there's enough room there.

I HOPE the compromise won't be to just widen Hoyt's in order to handle the increased traffic. We've got enough wide boulevards on the mountain.
    It is suppose to go further down pats lookout below on Wilmington and then meet at the bottom of the lift.

i was talking about the trail that's supposed to be parallel to hoyt's. i don't think there's another trail planned near lookout below, unless the plans have changed?

I see what you are saying yes that is a trail I guess they were suppose to cut this year but with the money problem who knows. Hope that answered your question?

I see what you are saying yes that is a trail I guess they were suppose to cut this year but with the money problem who knows. Hope that answered your question?

Thanks.

Yeah, I knew about the money and time issues causing them not to cut the trail....I was more wondering at this point where they'd even put the second trail, since Hoyt's seems to have been cut too close to the liftline to permit another trail between the lift and trail.

We'll see....

Anyway, with Gore making a big fuss about snowmaking being installed on Sagamore this offseason and Whiteface silent on their plans, it makes me think not much will be done this year on the mountain.

that would flat out suck.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I was thinking about this in the car yesterday. Here are a couple more ideas:

Either replace or remove the seat covers on chair 6. The shredded ones really make the lift look pretty ghetto.

More upbeat music in the main lodge - more fun stuff. The selections over the last couple of years have been snoozers... Amercian Pie doesn't really make me want to pound through the bumps.

More deals for pass holders - the coupons last year were a good idea. what about food discounts on certain days. I might buy more instead of bring my own.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    More deals for pass holders - the coupons last year were a good idea. what about food discounts on certain days. I might buy more instead of bring my own.
    I agree 100%