Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Here's a piece of information I hadn't heard..the new lift is actually used:

http://www.skiliftforum.com/index.ph...48&#entry85648

Not sure if it's true. It's just something I read on the internets.

IMO recycling is good.

I couldn't get the attachment in the post (gore.jpg) to download.

looks new to me:

theres the potential that only the tower heads are new, as they take the brunt of wear and tear, and that the tower poles and drive system are used (reconditioned of course). Its not uncommon for this to be done. If anything I hope its true because it probably saved them a good deal in terms of cost

Trueq

It's true. the new (to us) lift is used. Just as the TopRidge lift was used. Naturally some components will be new.

Nice pix, trying to get frame of reference. Certainly this is to the right (West) of the current Ski Bowl triple, but how far? Love to see a "Wide" view!

every-booty hopes it has the same Tush Cush as BRQ.

wouldn't want numb buns.
    incoming .................DUCK !

How's the pitch on that lift line?

Might be nice for some pow this winter if I leave a car down at the Ski bowl

fwiw, Pratt claims it's as steep as Rumor.......but it's hard to imagine the old T-bar ascending anything that steep. they did say at an ORDA meeting it was to be open for skiing, maybe there will be snow making on it.

i bet there are many people who used to ski there just chomping at the bit to do it again. alotta NC folks learned to ski there and i believe the NC kids had freeseason passes so they'll all have very fond memories they'll want to relive.

i've met one fella who used to ski there tons as a kid and even skipped " skool " to rip it.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I have hiked the Ski Bowl lift line and it is pretty steep. It is not as steep as the headwall pitch of Rumor, but maybe the section just below the headwall. As best as I can remember, the steepest section might be 30-50 yards long.

Comparing skiing down vs hiking up is not always the best way to compare slopes. To me the trails always feel steeper hiking vs skiing. I question my sanity when I am hiking with non skiers and they complain about the steepness of some blue trail and I agree with their complaints.

I cannot wait to ski it.