Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    I'll try to get some wider shots that show location to other stuff. It looks 100% better in person. This is going to be nice.
    Please get a shot that shows the existing chair. It's not making a lot of sense of that to me without that.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Sorry Sponge and everyone else.

Our solid state memory camera was full. Did not want to delete photos of the kids...., we were sacraficing some photos as it was to get others. No new photos. We had no way of downloading until we got back to Md.

To help....note the photo in this thread (most recent one)...the existing chair is about 1/5 mile to the left...looking up the mountian. EDIT..also, look at the yurt roof at the bottom of the photo. If you remember where it was..this lift is directly in front of it......but from a perspective view...the chairs will load what appears to me so far well up the hill from the existing chair....NOTE up the hill could actually be down vertically..I mean further away from the parking lots. To give "steep" perspective...this new cut is 5 times steeper than the existing line...or at least it looks like that. The lift goes to the dead center of a knoll...I am guessing that from this lift you would run down the shoulder (left looking up the hill) down to BRQ ...via the second bridge.

PS....in the parking lot of Gore---there are 6 45'0 foot I beams. About 4 feet tall. Can't imagine why they would need 6...but then I dont know what a groomer weights or what other equipment they would have running over the bridge... (if these are for bridge two anyway)

Cool Pic on the website today:

Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    Sorry Sponge and everyone else.
    No problem.

I passed by there a few weekends ago after running errands on Main Street (didn't have a camera with me). The liftline runs straight up from the iron gate on Ski Bowl Road (what is the purpose of that gate?), so it's quite a bit away from the existing lift. It is REALLY steep and can be seen from the 4-way stop sign on Main Street.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Gate

The gate was ordered closed by the Johnsburg Town Board. The purpose is to eliminate through traffic to make it safer for pedestrians. Part of what looks like road today will go away and become part of the base area between the lift and planned lodge.

don't know if this has been posted in this thread yet.....the 2nd bridge:

Awesome pic. What is the source?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Awesome pic. What is the source?

gore mountain's facebook page (not group).

also, from the facebook page, i spotted a link to this blog, with all sorts of inside stuff on the baselodge at gore: http://blog.nj.com/skiing/2009/09/mo...and_her_c.html

Great Find. It looks like they are doing some good renovations.
    Now if only somebody else would tell Emily they need some web cams. I know first hand she doesn't believe in web cams.

Thanks for the photo....would appear from the spacing of the foundations, the 45 foot beams in the parking lot are going to fit.

Also thanks for the NJ.com link. Ihave been looking for progress reports on the lodge...these were nice. Funny about the marketing manager looking at the lot....Perfect. Immediate response to your work.

Don't want to mess with this thread too much, but no comments on the recent find I posted in the "trains/blues" thread. Hint, One Million more dollars and 17 miles of more track are being added, regardless of county commis...backing off the projects or considering a hiking/biking trail.