Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla
    The trail down to the north quad has been on the maps all along. I am sure it will end up being a little different than what is shown here - most of the trails they cut have differed somewhat from proposed map.

Did anyone ever take the trail down to the north quad from burnt ridge last year? I thought about it a few times, but I am not very good in the trees so I didn't want to commit without knowing what it was like.
    Danno...no question that things get improvised from the plans. Both Echo and Sagamore are significantly different than what that maps shows. Probably a good thing...the guys actually cutting the trail, are looking at the real topography, not a map.

Hedges...the trail down to the North...has got some uphill in it, unless you bust your way through some uncleared stuff. Still...Tahawas is the primo place to work on your tree skills. IMO it the best glade I've ever been in for somebody who want to increase their confidence level in the trees. Widely spaced, low angle and better coverage than you'll see in Twister.

GO FOR IT:

So whats the general consensus now that the triple is delivered, lift line cut, and connection trails being made?

Im pulling for a shuttle lift to downtown North Creek, but realize thats a 50 50 chance at best, and will take years.

How have the Copperfield and barVino been faring in the last year or two since theyve opened?

Im currently looking at a property in Minerva to eventually settle down at. I like Gore, even as a snowboarder, and want to see it thrive. But Ive got a career in hospitality and restaurant management, are the new businesses seeing success?

Harv---cheep shot to deliver folks to your site....

I believe TOO!

The last 4 times I have been to NC, we ate one meal each at Cooperfield. Nice crowd each time. I am sure business will pick up even more. In winter and late winter, visited Bar Vino---very nice crowds...never visited in summer, had the kids the whole time.

I like the fact they are re-doing the pizza place and putting in games in the vacant slot next to it. They will surely do good business.

Laura's was always fine---I go out for a late night beer after everone goes to bed.

I will be in NC in 2 days. I am most curious about Durrant's.

Sitting in a bar in Md....talking skiing of course. Guy says....ever ski Gore? I ask why....he is planning on taking 30 people up there for New Years Eve.....he has 14 signed up already, I gave him some selling points so he can fill his other 16 slots.
    When you think about it...Gore might be easier for a trip leader to take a crew to than Kmart. You only have to worry about shuttles to the mountain...after that...your folks walk from their hotel to the bars and resturants. They are staying in town somewhere....so either Cooperfields or the new hotel.

New little gore trails.... Some, like under the lift are going to be awesome. The others will be great teaching slopes...because as mentioned...likely the only skiers will be owners. Ski school will not take a class that far for green slopes. So I can take my kids down, or start them in town and ride freely without interruption all day. Only problem: Snow? I might think they will have to keep snow on them. Be pretty upset if I just paid $450k for a townhouse and cannot ski to it. (I made up the price)

ok Dog, but have you bought a NC ski in/ ski out condo? has any SkiADK member? just curious, spread some congrats and know who could give us insightful updates on the program.

i can see those buying homes in the Ski Bowl Village being truly excited.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by skimore
    Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Another question about pipeline (as I've never skied it). Looking at the topo, it looks as though there's a really nice (Tahawus Glades and steeper pitch) on the back (north?) side of Burnt Ridge. I can envision a TON of glades coming down off of Burnt Ridge and feeding into pipeline (to Eagle's Nest to the BRQ and back up). THOSE would be some sweet laps.

The one time I was in there I ran into lots of saplings. Kinda like what you find way right in Chatiemac glade

I keep rereading this thread and get more confused every time!

Is the new chair to the top of the ski bowl operating this year?

Is the pipeline trail and eagles nest trail also going to be open this year down to BRQ?

Also, some questions for the 'regulars' if you don't mind... I'm thinking of hiking around that area (roughly where it says Gore Mountain Ski Center) sometime before we get snow cover...I think my main object is to scout out the north/northeast side of BR and get some pics... Am I allowed to, and would my best bet be to park near the all ready legendary 'gold parking' and hit cedars and loop back up pipeline/eagles nest, or park down at the ski bowl and hike the lift line and over?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyRider
    Completely understandable IMO.

No. Liftline was cut but no chair yet.

Is the pipeline trail and eagles nest trail also going to be open this year down to BRQ?
    Yes. No additional lifts required. If it snows. No snowmaking on that route yet.

Also, some questions for the 'regulars' if you don't mind... I'm thinking of hiking around that area (roughly where it says Gore Mountain Ski Center) sometime before we get snow cover...I think my main object is to scout out the north/northeast side of BR and get some pics... Am I allowed to, and would my best bet be to park near the all ready legendary 'gold parking' and hit cedars and loop back up pipeline/eagles nest, or park down at the ski bowl and hike the lift line and over? thanks.
    It's state land. As long as they aren't blasting up there you should be allowed to go up there. My guess is that Gold Parking/Cedars would be a shorter route than up from the Ski bowl. This weekend you could ride the Gondi to save a little walking. That might be the shortest.

I know a blogger that would give you a cheeseburger for those pics!
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Goofy, the lift to the top of the Ski Bowl will be installed next year along with snowmaking on those trails. that's the official blah, blah, blahs.....for now. In fact, they said they're going to install the lift's bottom terminal and a few lift towers this fall/winter. IMO, that seems like window dressing to impress the masses and any potential Village People. " maybe not ". Still waiting for an answer if Front Street completed any units this year as promised.

Pipeline down to Eagle's Nest then over to Burnt Ridge is to be open this year according to Gore. But it has no snowmaking, at least none that they announced.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Completely understandable IMO.

No. Liftline was cut but no chair yet.

Yes. No additional lifts required. If it snows. No snowmaking on that route yet.

Also, some questions for the 'regulars' if you don't mind... I'm thinking of hiking around that area (roughly where it says Gore Mountain Ski Center) sometime before we get snow cover...I think my main object is to scout out the north/northeast side of BR and get some pics... Am I allowed to, and would my best bet be to park near the all ready legendary 'gold parking' and hit cedars and loop back up pipeline/eagles nest, or park down at the ski bowl and hike the lift line and over? thanks.
    It's state land. As long as they aren't blasting up there you should be allowed to go up there. My guess is that Gold Parking/Cedars would be a shorter route than up from the Ski bowl. This weekend you could ride the Gondi to save a little walking. That might be the shortest.

I know a blogger that would give you a cheeseburger for those pics!
    Here's some pics from Burnt Ridge I took today..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/...67f6056e_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/...2e648df4_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2687/...b6ae729d_b.jpg
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/...0f9c8c6d_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2773/...7921bb9a_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/...c43c5a6d_b.jpg

This area is lookin pretty sweet!

FS

Frontstreet has a duplex townhouse in progress. It's up and enclosed. Interior work in progress. You can walk in past the locked gate on weekends to take a look.