Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Re: FS

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    Frontstreet has a duplex townhouse in progress. It's up and enclosed. Interior work in progress. You can walk in past the locked gate on weekends to take a look.
    There's my reporter.

So, how do we call this one? lol. do we split that cookie?

Thanks ADK!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Here's a video I put together from hiking around the mountain over the weekend. Top of Ski Bowl still has blasting ongoing. If any of the blast piles up there are similar to the blast piles at the bottom of the new ski bowl lift I would stay away from that part. Very large gaps and sharp edges. Some of the base of the new ski bowl lift has been put in. I'm guessing the top of the new lift will go beyond the old tbar frame to the next high spot. The ride from there to BRQ base I think will be fine, it has a decent grade with the only flatter spot being on the BR side of that trail. Next, I cut up and across the back NW side of BR even with the snowmaking reservoir towards the BRQ. The top section was pretty steep, i'd say similar to some of the steeper spots in Chatiemac galdes, but the whole area was very saturated with 3-5' high sapplings, although there could be some open lines to be found. It will be some tough going in there IMO, lots of branches whipping into your face i'd guess. I eventually ran into a snowmaking pipe leading to the top of BRQ via Hedges. Walked down Sagamore and cut into the woods and back down the NW side of the ridge. There was some promising terrain back here. Reached the trail returning to BRQ below the new bridge.

Keep on Chooglin' is right. Nice work. Ambitious hike and cool report.

Sounds like you think the pitch is adequate over most of it.

Doesn't look like to much has happened on Skibowl Liftline since I was up there in Sept.

The cabin has only dsl line so I was getting some sticking on the vimeo.

Will definitely try again at work on Tues.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

That was awesome. You Rock Rider.

Did the Pipeline trail link with that stretch of Hedges you showed?

They got a good bit of work accomplished.

Was it just me, or didn't it that seem like that was a LOT of trails?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    That was awesome. You Rock Rider.

Did the Pipeline trail link with that stretch of Hedges you showed?

They got a good bit of work accomplished.

Was it just me, or didn't it that seem like that was a LOT of trails?

The pitch from ski bowl to the new bridge seemed very adequate, but to me the trail had a 'this is just a connector' kind of feel to it. Maybe that will change when I'm on it with snow. You can get a nice run over the new bridge and hopefully (on a snowboard) make it past the power lines where the trail has another drop down to the BRQ.

When I cut from top of Ski Bowl thru the ridge bewteen there and Burnt Ridge, I ran into the existing brdge. Does anyone know if that work road is the actual ski trail from North Chair to BRQ? Also, the road goes downhill on both sides of the bridge, I assume the ski bowl side of the trail goes to the new bridge, and the BR side of the trail links to the bottom part going back to BRQ, not hitting the new bridge. From the existing bridge I walked up to the pump house and then followed the power line south to a T intersection with another power line running parallel to Sagamore on the north side of BR. A guy working at the pump house said it was a mile to the North Chair via the work road, seemed kind of far, but since i cut up the power line i'm not sure. Anyway that road was flat, I hope thats not the ski trail.

The northwest side of the Burnt Ridge had a nice stand of birches running from top to bottom that would be killer if thinned out. Might also be able to reach the lower half of that powerline to the pump station also. What's the policy on 'pruning' next summer? I hit the top of Hedges, I would guess it hit Pipeline at the bottom, but I don't know.

When I cut off Sagamore half way down I went down the back northeast side of BR and found some real nice very large sections of trees. I came out below the new bridge south of the powerline and a nice easy ride back to chair. It DID seem like a lot of trails in the video! I stopped at natural changes in terrain and tried to take a set of 360 pics and then film it 360 degrees, and tried to get the last section on the edge of the pics of the new section to get the whole area, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, can't wait to get out on Saturday!

News story on Gore. I was a little surprised they got 200k in the new Ski Bowl Lodge. It's nice the the summer youth program will use the new lodge. The little beach and the rest of the "park" could make a nice community resource. i'ld hang there if i were a kid.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html

Under the main photo there 7 or so thumbnails for more look see Him Say.

snow bowl park

I'll put my two cents in for a skate board park inthe park. Nice transition to boarding and the t_park at snow bowl. 200k in the lodge was cheep for what they got. A nice lodge, that does explain why lack of windows and view of slopes/tubing. They can make this upto me by selling beer?????? Wishful?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    News story on Gore. I was a little surprised they got 200k in the new Ski Bowl Lodge. It's nice the the summer youth program will use the new lodge. The little beach and the rest of the "park" could make a nice community resource. i'ld hang there if i were a kid.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html

Under the main photo there 7 or so thumbnails for more look see Him Say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Star
    Goodspeed said at the height of Ski Bowl's popularity, it wasn't unusual to see 300 people gathered at the mountain. By the end of the winter, he said, he suspects he'll see the same.
    I'm just gonna throw this out there, the most people I ever saw at the ski bowl, other than for a competition was about 7 people.
    send it!

ditto. vitual ghost town. maybe it will change.

The first year the skibowl was open I dont think I saw a single person there that actually paid for a ticket. I was working there 2-3 days a week when I wasn't on the main mountain.