Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

I heard Gore got 2 million for the interconnect.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Money

The money has been there for some time. The ORDA board released the money for installation of the ski bowl lift, trail cutting and installation of associated snow making.

http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...lation_Map.pdf

this map, supplied by Front Street, et al.......shows the locations of the cross mtn chair-lift # 14 and the connector trail the runs from the Ski Bowl back to BRQ.

lift # 14 is a transportation lift ONLY. it DOES NOT leave a skier atop any trails. notice how long it is.......35% longer than the Gondi! at rates achieved by fixed grip lifts this would be a 25-30 minute ride.

the connector trail might look do-able AT THE MAGNIFICATION that it opens in. if you increase the magnification to 100% or more then click and drag to see the trail crossing Roaring Brook you'll see the elevational difficulties....aka uphill! this is followed by a flat section. the topo lines are tight at this stream's location which means steep stream banks, etc. this is easiest to see in the original magnification or on the first map posted by Harv in this thread. a bridge will be needed to cross this stream.

just some FYI.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I thought Gondi to Nowhere was out of the plan. (?)

Danzilla - way cool avatar.

Gondi

The gondola to no place has been off the table for years.

who said anything about that gondi? hmmm? NOBODY! that lift was to go to the summit of Gore mtn.

cross mtn chair #14 is a different lift, still proposed. it's only needed/proposed because they know there's no ski in/ski out between the two areas. why else would THIS LIFT even be needed/proposed? see, it leaves you at the bottom of the mtns aka you can't ski from it. therefore, it's only purpose is to transport people between the two areas cause you can't ski in/ski out. the powers that be are aware of this.....that's why they proposed this lift.

i suspect the PR people are trying to muddy the water to cloud other people's view. best get the boots on.

Re: Gondi

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    The gondola to no place has been off the table for years.

I guess it's been replaced by the quad to nowhere?

..........it should also be noted that although ORDA recently passed the resolution to go ahead with the project, they inserted language that permits them to...."delay, revise or suspend" the area's operation. this language was unaminously approved. no it wasn't Lussi or Weibrecht who inserted this language.

ORDA seems to have it's doubts about the viablitiy of this project.

If the proposed cross-mountain lift #14 is installed with a mid-station that allowed unloading in both directions at the BRQ, it would eliminate the necessity for skiers to endure the flatness of the Cedars approach to BRQ and would integrate the BRQ terrain better with the rest of the mountain. Additionally, a return to the BRQ from the Pipeline trail will be a major improvement in integrating Burnt Ridge with the rest of the mountain, assuming the elevational difficulties pointed out previously can be worked out where it crosses Roaring Brook. That return to BRQ would mean that a skier could get to the BRQ from the top of just about any other lift on the mountain without going through the base area and utilizing Cedars. Wouldn't have to endure the falts below Windy Hill either. And as long as the cross-mountain lift was running, skiers could be provided access to the Darskide and North terrain without the necessity of running those lifts, although a 15 to 20 minute fixed-grip ride from the ski bowl back to the base area is a pretty stiff penalty. That penalty could be avoided if the BRQ was kept running when the High Peaks chair and North Quad are shut down. I think Gore needs to be very sensitive towards the issues of 1) improving access to the BRQ and integrating BR with the rest of the mtn, 2) not adding any more flats anywhere on the mtn and 3) finding ways they can save costs with mid-week lift closures that don't also result in significant terrain closures.

Somebody help me, I'm feeling rather stupid.

I know that, at one time, there was a lift that connected the base of the ski bowl and the current base. (That's what I was calling the Gondi to Nowhere.) To me it looks like that lift had been axed - in the most recent plan.

On the aerial photo that came from skibowlvillage.com (front street website) that I posted above....I don't see the lift that connects the bases on that plan - which is what made me think that that lift was no longer in the plan.

It looks like you ride to the top of the new ski bowl lift and ski down (or over or up) to the bottom of BRQ.

What am I missing? Which is lift #14? Are there really two more lifts going in or only one?

I only see one additional lift planned.