Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

a few years ago i rode the gondi w/Mr. frontstreet. as he went on and on about his plans he told me about the "approved gondi" they plannned to install from the ski bowl base to the very summit of Gore. that was straight from the horse's mouth.

if you really wanted to see it Harv, you would click on the link i provided that takes you to the SEIS submitted by Front Street. these are the OFFICAL PLANS.

every time we talk about this, you say you don't see it, it doesn't exist, it won't open. well click on that link. are you just trying to confuse the situation?

here ya go:

http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...lation_Map.pdf

After you see lift # 14, enlarge it to 100% or more, then click and drag the map to where the interconnect trail crosses Roaring Brook to see the "elevational difficulties". they're real.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    And as long as the cross-mountain lift was running, skiers could be provided access to the Darskide and North terrain without the necessity of running those lifts, although a 15 to 20 minute fixed-grip ride from the ski bowl back to the base area is a pretty stiff penalty. .

Yeah right.....a 2hr lap for 350vert on the darkside....the rest of that ski would be a bore at best.....who the f is going to do that

HOO BOY! check this out. incoming.........

http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/liftsInterconnect.pdf

that's a document titled ....Statement of Findings.

paragraph 3, second sentence....................This interconnect consists of the proposed ski trails and lifts identified as lifts #12 and #14 and trails #12-b through #12-j.............

Wait. It gets better.

same paragraph, fourth sentence..............As can be seen on the maps in Appendix 1 of this SEIS, the interconnect will allow visitors to Gore Mountain and Ski Bowl to ski or walk to the Hamlet of North Creek.........

WOW! Isn't that going to be a most amazing feat! It's like what, one and a half miles - one way from the bottom of the Ski Bowl to North Creek businesses! It's basically flat, except for the uphill part. And the half where you get to ski on the asphalt will be popular. Right up there with a nice long walk in ski boots!

I can't wait to see this Parade of Patronage. I'll be posting it on YouTube and handing out bottles of Merlot.

http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/

A link to Gore's page containing links to various parts of the SEIS.

The aboved mentioned Statement of Findings is the second link.
    The map showing the lifts and trails is the sixth link.

true ski in/ ski out from the Ski Bowl to Gore and now the Ski Bowl to downtown North Creek is the proverbial "missing link!". nyuk nyuk nyuk
    incoming .................DUCK !

Snowballs...I wasn't trying to cause trouble, and I'm sorry if we've had this conversation before. I must be getting senile. One thing I do remember is trying to download that pdf. I get about the top inch of it and it stops.

I was able to look at the one called "map 3." Honestly I thought that was an older plan that had been abandoned. It does have some errors on it that made me think it was preliminary. And Ted Blazer made some comments last summer in that online question and answer thing that made me think the intermountain lift was being rethought. I'll take your word for it that that is the most recent plan. I don't understand why front street shows a different plan on their website. That seems odd.

One thing I wasn't getting that I now see is how you'd get back to the ski bowl. If you didn't take the intermountain lift....you'd have to take the Roaring Brook trail...which I assume is the pipeline trail...I've heard that that is more suited to xc skis than alpine.

Honestly I was not trying to be a jerk. I thought a different plan was the most recent. I'll let it go.

The Statement of Findings is dated September 17, 2008, and comments on Figure 1-1 of the 2005 UMP. Unless there's been a change since September, it looks like what was proposed in 2005 is going to be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Snowballs...I wasn't trying to cause trouble, and I'm sorry if we've had this conversation before. I must be getting senile. One thing I do remember is trying to download that pdf. I get about the top inch of it and it stops.

I was able to look at the one called "map 3." Honestly I thought that was an older plan that had been abandoned. It does have some errors on it that made me think it was preliminary. And Ted Blazer made some comments last summer in that online question and answer thing that made me think the intermountain lift was being rethought. I'll take your word for it that that is the most recent plan. I don't understand why front street shows a different plan on their website. That seems odd.

One thing I wasn't getting that I now see is how you'd get back to the ski bowl. If you didn't take the intermountain lift....you'd have to take the Roaring Brook trail...which I assume is the pipeline trail...I've heard that that is more suited to xc skis than alpine.

Honestly I was not trying to be a jerk. I thought a different plan was the most recent. I'll let it go.
    How dare you try and understand the facts, Harv !! You should know better...

At least your posts aren't 98% negative.

Pipeline trail

I was at Gore a day a few years ago when they offered a ski to the North Creek Ski bowl via what is now called the Pipeline trail. It has been a while but from what i remember is was not as flat as Ceders (I know that is not saying a lot). Also we went by the snow making pond getting to and from the pond was the flat section but I think that they may have just wanted to show us the pond and you could have gotten around it without doing that part.

Is the North Creek ski bowl really 1 1/2 miles from downtown North Creek as someone stated? i had the impression it was only a couple of blocks?

Also on the trail from the ski bowl to BRQ based on the topo contour lines it looks better than Ceders except for where you go over the creek. Hard to tell how bad that will be until they build it.

Re: Pipeline trail

Quote Originally Posted by kornfein
    I was at Gore a day a few years ago when they offered a ski to the North Creek Ski bowl via what is now called the Pipeline trail. It has been a while but from what i remember is was not as flat as Ceders (I know that is not saying a lot). Also we went by the snow making pond getting to and from the pond was the flat section but I think that they may have just wanted to show us the pond and you could have gotten around it without doing that part.

I did one of the tours back then too. It was a Fri. afternoon and they took a group picture when we got to the Ski Bowl that they posted on the Gore website. Was that the day you where there?

I've never skied Ceders, but I thought the Pipeline was pretty flat. There was one part toward the end you could make a couple of turns on if you wanted to though.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.