Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Re: Pipeline trail

Quote Originally Posted by kornfein
    I was at Gore a day a few years ago when they offered a ski to the North Creek Ski bowl via what is now called the Pipeline trail. It has been a while but from what i remember is was not as flat as Ceders (I know that is not saying a lot). Also we went by the snow making pond getting to and from the pond was the flat section but I think that they may have just wanted to show us the pond and you could have gotten around it without doing that part.
    Pipeline is the solution.

You go down Pipeline (go left at the first fork) to the pond; turn right at the pond (don't go over the path past the pond); keep going and look for the BRQ thru the trees on your right; you're gonna have to step off the trail and across the brook (not even a foot wide in the winter) and thru the trees -- but it IS doable. If they smooth out the very last part, it will be a better way to get to Burnt Ridge. And if they don't smooth it out, the gapers won't do it
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Observations

Just a couple of observations from some postings:
    There was never a proposed gondola to connect the Ski Bowl to the summit of Gore. The only other gondi ever proposed connected the base of the Ski Bowl to the existing Gore base area. The cross mountain lift (in any format) remains an outdated pipe dream.

As to the language added to the resolution approving installation (stating that ORDA could discontinue operation, etc.), that was to pacify someone. The fact is that ORDA management already has that authority. They already make decisions about which lifts not to operate on which days of the week. Just more politics as usual.

I too admit to being somewhat confused. Exactly which lift(s) have been approved for construction: the interconnect lift between the Ski Bowl base and Gore Mountain base, or the lift at the Ski Bowl to the top of Little Gore, or both? And, is it definitely confirmed that both would be fixed grip chairs? The two maps we have been looking at in this thread (the Gore Mtn SEIS map #2 referenced by Snowballs and the skibowlvillage.com map referenced by Harvey) each have some inconsistencies with each other and with the reality of what's on the ground. Can someone give a definitive answer as which lift(s) we're talking about?

As far as I know, this is still the plan:

Pink Part in all in by next year (except for the stuff to the top of the old Gondi midstation), new lift runs to the top of the pink trails going to the ski bowl. Pipeline is in White, going down to the ski bowl from the North Quad base.

The above would be pretty sweet because the green area (marked "proposed ski bowl trails") has some killer terrain (from what I've heard) that will be available and skiable with a short hike.

As usual good stuff from Matt. The stuff in green, spans two topos...but looks like some of the steepest stuff at Gore outside of Rumor, Lies etc. Is the green area slated for the following year? Even if they never cut trails on it...the terrain will be there.

When I look at that whole map it's pretty exciting. I've always felt that Gore had a lot to offer when it's all open. The potential....when all of this is done....

Guys like skimore will lament the loss of some terrain. And I get that. But those guys will continue to move out as the lifts do. It's going to be a huge playground. A lot of it is hardwoods.

Yea, it's a bit of a trudge to get to BRQ on alpine gear. But last year when I headed over to BRQ later in the day... I remember thinking....WOW here's a whole 'nother thing to do.

I think the opportunity to make fresh tracks on a powder day is going to be expanded for those who know what they are doing.

As Adrian Belew once said " I LIKE IT!"

ok don't cha get all mad at the messenger but ......

the map Matt posted is the same as the one i posted but ALL THE LIFTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! as such, what does it prove? if we are to take it as evidentary, then that means no lifts are to be installed?

why are they all missing? was it photoshopped? No, Matt simply posted the wrong one. it happens.

No worries! the one that shows the LIFTS AND TRAILS is avaliable right from the Gore web site! http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/ it's link #6. that's information straight from the Official Source.

even easier.............here's a direct link! http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...lation_Map.pdf

Adkskier: are you a Decision Maker on this project? you make statements contrary to the existing record established by the real Decision Makers and their written reports. do you have anything more than speculation and rumor to back it up or is it just quoting Jimmer's friend the janitor? sorry, but unless you are an actual Decision Maker on this project or supply some corroborating evidence, your conclusions lack the weight of the Official record.

you guys talking about skiing the pipline trail - North Quad down to the bridge and a left takes you to the Ski Bowl and a right takes you to BRQ - that's fine and dandy. But, just to be clear, it's got NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RETURN/CONNECTOR TRAIL FROM THE SKI BOWL TO BRQ. That return/connector trail crosses Roaring Brook well BELOW the pipeline trail bridge, approximately a 1/4 mile DOWNSTREAM from the pipeline trail bridge. IT'S REALLY EASY TO SEE ( AND MEASURE! ) ON FRONT STREET'S MAP. http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...lation_Map.pdf

furthermore, enlarge it in your acrobat reader to 100%, click and drag to stream crossing to see elevational difficulties.

any returning skier wishing NOT to use the returning/connector trail would have to ski UP the pipeline trail 1/4 mile or so, ski across the bridge then over to BRQ via the Gore side of Roaring Brook. If you guys weren't discussing the return route from the Ski Bowl to BRQ, then i apologize.

again, this har' thang is Front Street's map. http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...cation_Map.pdf it's dated january 4, 2008. IT'S REALLY EASY TO SEE WHAT I'VE DISCUSSED!!! REEAAAALLYYY EASY!!!

Matt posted a map from the SEIS that shows the "Site Location" in general. it's on the Gore site also. it's link # 5. http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/ 1/07/08

the map supplied by Front Street TO SHOW THE LIFTS in the SEIS is on the Gore site also. it's link # 6. http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/ dated 1/04/08.

here's a direct link. http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/Ma...lation_Map.pdf

Simple and CORROBORATED.

Glad i could clear this up.
    incoming .................DUCK !

..........and to get one step ahead of the spin cycle.....

any plans to use the pipeline trail to the Ski Bowl and it's spur to BRQ to develope skier movement for the success of the interconnect are forgeting a HUGE factor.

THERE'S NO SNOWMAKING ON THESE LONG TRAILS!!!

I've been down that loooooong lame trail. it's very narrow. 10-12 ft? on the top half. the spur to BRQ prolly same way. not only does it suck, any amount of skier traffic will ski off the natural snow in minutes and the trails will be useless. then what?

i read on Gore's site in the last few weeks, that the Sagamore Snowmaking addition will require a mile and a half(?) of pipe. they're gonna have to more than double that to cover the pipeline trail and the BRQ spur. that might even not include the air pipe or any additional air compressor capacity.

WHO'S GOT THE CASH FOR THAT?

Indeed, in it's return from the Ski Bowl, the connector trail links up to the BRQ spur for a substantial distance.

IF THERE'S NO SNOWMAKING - THERE'S NO CONNECTION !
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    IF THERE'S NO SNOWMAKING - THERE'S NO CONNECTION !

Is that what the interconnect lift #14 is for, then?

Old maps

Some of you are taking outdated maps of what had been previously proposed and attributing official status to them. The fact that a map appears on a website does not make it accurate and official. What may have been accurate when posted, may not be accurate today. A number of concepts have been floated out there and may have even been included in the Gore UMP (unit management plan). While they look good, they may never be built unless funded. The UMP is updated every five years. As priorities change, future development projects move up and down the priority list.

The lift that was just approved will run from the base of the Ski Bowl to the top of the Ski Bowl following (more or less) the old T-bar lift line. The installation funding includes trail development and snow making installation in the Ski Bowl and the connecting trail.

...no my source is not "the janitor" and I do not deal in rumors...but the discussion is a lot of fun!