Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Interconnect

Re: Old maps

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    The lift that was just approved will run from the base of the Ski Bowl to the top of the Ski Bowl following (more or less) the old T-bar lift line. The installation funding includes trail development and snow making installation in the Ski Bowl and the connecting trail.

Actually, if you read the letter from the DEC (http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/CoverLetter.pdf), trails 12b-12j and lifts #12 and #14 (i.e., the base area to ski bowl lift) were approved.

I don't know if there's funding for lift #14, though. I *think*, but am not sure, that the lift that was purchased was lift #12.

Aaaaah, your tax dollars at work! Who knows what the hell is going on?? (Just poking fun at how confusing all these reports are, NOT trying to be political.)

OK so I'm not totally senile, or at least THIS doesn't prove that I am. It's good to know someone else is also confused.

Even though Matt's map doesn't have lifts on it...if those purple trails in the area marked "proposed gore mountain interconnect" are going to be cut...wouldn't lift #12 have to be in play?

Every thing I've seen lately has mentioned the addition of a "lift" (singular). If the only lift going is the intermountain #14 then there wouldn't be any additional terrain right?

Maybe it's one lift now and one later.

I sent Mike P an email asking him...autoreply says he is out of the office til 5/26.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    OK so I'm not totally senile, or at least THIS doesn't prove that I am. It's good to know someone else is also confused.

Even though Matt's map doesn't have lifts on it...if those purple trails in the area marked "proposed gore mountain interconnect" are going to be cut...wouldn't lift #12 have to be in play?

Every thing I've seen lately has mentioned the addition of a "lift" (singular). If the only lift going is the intermountain #14 then there wouldn't be any additional terrain right?

Maybe it's one lift now and one later.

I sent Mike P an email asking him...autoreply says he is out of the office til 5/26.

yeah, i have no idea.

it *seems* like the interconnect is BOTH lift #14 and the purple trails/lift #12. since it seems that they have lift #12 purchased (?), i'd guess that it and the purple trails will go in first and then maybe lift #14 will go in around the time the real estate starts going in at the ski bowl (assuming the project gets going)?

since they are playing up the snowmaking on sagamore and not talking up lift #12 or the interconnect (http://www.goremountain.com/mountain/improvements.cfm), maybe the purple trails and lift #12 are for the 2010-2011 season?

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    The lift that was just approved will run from the base of the Ski Bowl to the top of the Ski Bowl following (more or less) the old T-bar lift line. The installation funding includes trail development and snow making installation in the Ski Bowl and the connecting trail.

Actually, if you read the letter from the DEC (http://www.goremtn.com/SEIS/press/CoverLetter.pdf), trails 12b-12j and lifts #12 and #14 (i.e., the base area to ski bowl lift) were approved.

I don't know if there's funding for lift #14, though. I *think*, but am not sure, that the lift that was purchased was lift #12.

Aaaaah, your tax dollars at work! Who knows what the hell is going on?? (Just poking fun at how confusing all these reports are, NOT trying to be political.)
    exactly. "oh what tangled webs they weave when they pratice to deceive....." there's legitmate issues with this project that even a simple cross examination readily exposes. perhaps they had too many YES men and 'TWO HANDED SHOVELERS" involved. best keep the boots on.

as i said earlier, if this turns out to be legitimate terrain, w/true ski in and ski out(without MEGA SCHLEPPING) and it doesn't cause prices to skyrocket and IT HAS ENOUGH SKIERS TO STAY OPEN.......... i'll be applauding and saying " good job".

even better. when harv, adkskier et al, come skiing down the asphalt into downtown North Creek leading that promised Parade of Patrons, i'll be handing out bottles of Merlot and offering photo-ops with the Unicorn! I'll post the video on YouTube. as a bonus, i'll even include a clip of that " Extremely Popular " lift they already installed at the Ski Bowl-the Village Chair. what a freegin ghost town that thing is! the only place you could possibly see more rabid support would be to drive up the Northway a little further to a place called Frontier Land. hehehe.(It's closed!).

while I'm at it......who's the genius who laid out the Village Chair installation at the Ski Bowl? the Bottom 2/3's is Flat! Yes Sir.....that's some wisdom. they even had the intellect to install a Quad to serve their non existing customers. brilliant! this is the same crowd that's bringing us this next phase of development. HOO BOY!

Wait! i could ride their non existing Snow Train up to witness this miracle.hehehe, Yea, i am LMAO! Oh, look! there's a Unicorn. It's on the Snow Train!!!

when i took my kids to the Village Chair to learn to ski, the very top was too much for them and unless they could bomb it - they end up walking! if you make any turns, you'll be walking! what a concept! we left after 2 runs. as we exited past the lifties, my 5 yro stated " This place sucks!". out of the mouths of babes!

I'm guess i'm gonna have to keep refuting their fallicies. for as that Wise Sage said earlier in this thread...." the PR people, the Apologetics, the Enforcers and the outright manure Hucksters........" are shoveling with both hands. they can't refute the corroborated points i raise with verifiable evidence, so they'll strive to muddy the waters and cloud people's vision, thus hiding the issues and possible Achilles's heel in their plans.

ok. Here goes...........
    incoming .................DUCK !

Comeback......let me say i do not view you as one of the aforementioned "PR people......" i'll deal with them later.

but i do have an answer for you.

as stated by Mike Pratt at the April ORDA meeting, http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=nysorda , lift #12 and the trails south of it(towards Gore) are going to be installed. the trails and snowmaking to be installed this season and lift #12 installed next season. i have yet to see an exact trail count receiving snowmaking capabilities.

that's a verifiable reference.(ADKskier take note. learn to use one.)

The other trails and lift #14 are in the future, still in the Official plans. Regardless of what ADKskier "pronounces", these Official plans are avaliable for us to read and are still in effect.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Sounds like that's the answer...We'll do this part now (Lift 12) and maybe will do Lift 14 and maybe we won't.

Maybe they want to judge the uproar on the "connection" first. Will the whining be worse than BRQ/Cedars?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    when harv ... come(s) skiing down the asphalt into downtown North Creek...
    I never said I thought the lift or lifts would bring more business downtown. You can look it up. I didn't look it up but you could.

Actually I do think the extra terrain should bring SOME business downtown, but not nearly as much as if it was ski in ski out.

Skibowl Cafe could score right away. Lots of really cheap daily lockers at the skibowl might encourage some others to make the walk.

I guess I was going with the concept that more terrain is always good.

This could make Gore an even better skiers mountain. It may or may not be the wisest expenditure of money bang for the buckwise.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/New...Gore-Mountain/

Well, I stand corrected . . . I guess I'm going to so with snowballs as my solid source on this one (after all, he was at the meeting).

But I'm going to ignore all his speculation and wide eyed prognostications for now. I'm still not convinced that the world will explode if they link the Ski Bowl to the Village of North Creek (however it is that they decide to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    But I'm going to ignore all his speculation and wide eyed prognostications for now. I'm still not convinced that the world will explode if they link the Ski Bowl to the Village of North Creek (however it is that they decide to do that).
    I agree. Very few went into town before and none of this makes it any more appealing. 95% of the people headed there come from the other direction. No one drives by and says lets go there after skiing. You can't even see the village. It's a bad setup for the town and nothing is going to change that.....except for 500" of snow

this thread is informative, yes, but pretty funny....snowballs' anger cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by skimore
    Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    I agree. Very few went into town before and none of this makes it any more appealing. 95% of the people headed there come from the other direction. No one drives by and says lets go there after skiing. You can't even see the village. It's a bad setup for the town and nothing is going to change that.....except for 500" of snow
    I've always thought the town of North Creek needs to give skiers at Gore a reason to go there. LP is 10 miles from WF.

I'm not saying North Creek should put in a bobsled run and jumps I'm just saying maybe make the place look a little nicer for tourest, then maybe more businesses would open and it would snowball (no pun intended) from there.

I really hope the interconnect works out as planned. I'd hate to see all that money spent on something that is a bust.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.