Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any new news?

Any new news?

I was just reading through the "Interconnect" thread over on the Gore side of the board. They seem to know a lot about funding for next season that I don't see anyone mentioning on the Whiteface side of the block.

Is it a big secret, or didn't we get any dough for '09/'10 worth posting about?

I've asked around, but my "sources" have not heard anything definite. I'd be happy if they just installed snowmaking on Hoyt's.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I've asked around, but my "sources" have not heard anything definite. I'd be happy if they just installed snowmaking on Hoyt's.
    Yeah, you, and me both.

But, I still don't get how the Gore crowd can know what's coming their way if nobody knows what's coming our way?

Anyway, thanks for checkin'.

Happy Black Flys to ya'.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Yeah, you, and me both.

But, I still don't get how the Gore crowd can know what's coming their way if nobody knows what's coming our way?

Happy Black Flys to ya'.
    The info for Gore was in a news release, and aired on channel 5 last week one day, but no mention of WF. Don't undrstand it either! Just hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum
    Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Yeah, you, and me both.

Happy Black Flys to ya'.
    The info for Gore was in a news release, and aired on channel 5 last week one day, but no mention of WF. Don't undrstand it either! Just hope for the best.
    Weird, but thanks for that.

Of course I just called the mountain........................

You have to remember the Gore interconnect project funding was approved a number of years ago before the current fiscal crunch.

Whiteface will have a summer improvement update shortly. There are a couple of possibilities and they are trying to make them happen.

Re: Of course I just called the mountain....................

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackskier
    You have to remember the Gore interconnect project funding was approved a number of years ago before the current fiscal crunch.

Whiteface will have a summer improvement update shortly. There are a couple of possibilities and they are trying to make them happen.
    Thanks for that, please let us know when you can.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Of course I just called the mountain....................

I agree on the "thanks for that", and I hope you don't take it in the wrong way that I put the question out there.

I'm still tryin' to get all Ghondi (yes, I boned the spelling in a pathetic attempt at humor ) about the dollars Whiteface lost to Gore on the Lookout project, but I don't seem to be able to bury the snowmaker's shovels just yet.

Well Whiteface and Gore are family and really nothing good ever comes out of a family fight over cash. I dig Gore and I think that everyone wins when both mountains have improvements.

Speaking of improvements I did forget to tell everyone that yes one item on the wishlist will come true:

New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......

New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......
    Luvin' that!

I still joyously remember my first ride up Lookout last season; way unexpectedly cushy sensation.

The Jersey couple riding up with me both let out an audible, "Oh my" as soon as we left the ground ( I assumed it was all about the plush seat cushions; color me simple ).