Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any new news?

Any news about

the "zip line" that was to built at the ski jumps for this summer? or was it just a mid- winter rumor? Just asking.

The zipline was tabled for now I believe. I think the ORDA board was concerned about taking out a loan with the economy going south. A Frisbee golf course at Whiteface is going in this summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackskier
    New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......
    Luvin' that!

I still joyously remember my first ride up Lookout last season; way unexpectedly cushy sensation.

The Jersey couple riding up with me both let out an audible, "Oh my" as soon as we left the ground ( I assumed it was all about the plush seat cushions; color me simple ).
    They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy. I do dig that new chair. It was like being at another mountain.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......
    Luvin' that!

I still joyously remember my first ride up Lookout last season; way unexpectedly cushy sensation.

The Jersey couple riding up with me both let out an audible, "Oh my" as soon as we left the ground ( I assumed it was all about the plush seat cushions; color me simple ).
    They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy.
    Damn, true, or not, I owe you a tasty Mendocino sec for the thought ( better yet, I may've found a new publisist (sp) )

Hope you're enjoying our incredibly odd Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Luvin' that!

They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy.
    Damn, true, or not, I owe you a tasty Mendocino sec for the thought ( better yet, I may've found a new publisist (sp) )

Hope you're enjoying our incredibly odd Summer.
    It's about half over so that's something. I can't stand all the freaking rain. I hope the best for the publistist situation.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

uuhhhh.................what's the zipline?
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    uuhhhh.................what's the zipline?
    They where considering putting a zip line at the ski jump complex.

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

oh yeah! thanks. those are fun. when i was a youngun, there was a pond with one over it. you'ld let go of the T-bar and splash! sadly nowdays, i'm sure it would bring litigation.

I read a story how, back in the day, in Glens Falls there used to be a family who had a rope tow on their back yard hill. people would ski and sled off of it. if it wasn't turned on, a kid could just knock on the back door, when it opened he would hand in the electrical extension cord and the property owner would plug it in so that people could rip. i miss those kinda simpler times.
    incoming .................DUCK !

www.skiroundtop.com

Zipline complex from the top....3 hours to accomplish the mission. I have not done it yet but this is sure to be a summer money maker for this hill. Imagine what WF/Gore could do.

If the Jump Hill puts one in, should be fun and profitable.