Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44

"GOOD" one!!! very good.

now let's see you alter the top line to something like....well....

^ FREE PARKING
    RICHARD CRANIUM!
    incoming .................DUCK !

OK I know I said that I was done on this subject last Jan 15. But I can't resist. That is freakin hilarious.

Bought our passes yesterday. I asked about a season pass for parking. The person I spoke to said there was no pass that she knew of, but that she'd put a note in my file about it. (At this point my file resembles that of a communist agitator). She also told me she thought charging for parking was "cheesy." That made me chuckle.

I have to give the mountain credit for backing off last year on this. IMO it was not the time to do it with the economy in freefall. At least this time it's before the pass deadline so you can make an informed choice. I still think raising tix prices by a 1% is a fairer way to raise money.
    So...will there be an October revolution during the Fall Harvest weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by SIAWOL
    So...will there be an October revolution during the Fall Harvest weekend?
    If so, I won't be involved. I decided last January that I was done with that agenda. I've said it before....I'm a capitalist and I think anyone should charge whatever they want for their product. My issue was adding an additional cost for passholders after the deadline. I consider myself and other passholders forewarned. While there is no notice of the charge on the website, I do think it's commonly known.

I will continue to lobby for a pass for parking. By charging a daily fee for the parking next to the daycare lodge (with no available pass discount) the cost may end up impacting passholding families the most.

My reaction (or overreaction) last year also had a lot to do the economy. Not sure about how this economy has affected folks on this board. In our business, we didn't loose a single customer since last October. But EVERY customer we had came to us and said..."we want to continue to do business, but we need to work something out." The net result was that we lowered fees for all our customers, had a layoff, and cut our own pay 20%. We have worked incredibly hard to avoid more layoffs. It's the reason I basically missed most of the season. I had my first day off since Feb 23 a few weeks ago. To the point...every company we do business with -both vendors and customers- had a spirit like...let's work together, cut our margins and save jobs. Gore's proposal, to me, seemed out of touch.

I probably shouldn't have posted the photoshopped jpg but I really was just trying to be funny - poking fun at myself as much as anything.

I probably shouldn't have posted the photoshopped jpg but I really was just trying to be funny - poking fun at myself as much as anything.
    It was a funny photoshop, but perhaps "God Parking" would have been appropriate...

lol hehehe ^^^^^
    incoming .................DUCK !

I saw this sign Sunday as well. I figured that they would be sending all traffic that "appeared" up front though a corridor that passed the childrens ski center on the right and then sent them past this sign..."park here for 10 bucks or keep on driving".

If I have made comments on parking before, I cant recall them. These are my current thoughts:

1) I honestly think upper mgmt read this, and other folks concern, about parking fees so late in the year last year that they put off implementing the plan until the 09/10 season. It also gave people two initial thoughts....hey, I just got to park for free today...YEAH. and Looks like next time I come, I will have to pay to park or park further away, or at least pay attention to the matter.

2) I really dont mind the 10 buck fee on busy days....but if there are only 200 cars in the lot on an early winter, mid-week or late season day....it would be a real bummer to have to pay to park close.

I'll tell you what really irks me about the whole thing is that I won't be able to cherry pick a spot from an early bird who is leaving at 10am. I always seem to be able to drop of the wife and kid and snag a spot 10 deep from the front off some tele guy who was on the first chair. Looks like I will have to ride the shuttle (or wake up early or pay - neither of which are going to happen unless it is dumping).

Signs

I wonder how quickly they can make these signs? I see them looking mighty fine on a dorm room wall. Collectors items! Have at it! Help yourselves!

Danzilla, with kids I am right with you on the drop off and sneak into a earlybird's spot. I figure in 2 yrs, I will be able to get the boy up and out before the wheel starts turning. Or Pipe dream.

Danzilla the comment about about the spot vacated by the teleguy makes me chuckle. That's bound to be a local like Adk Keith or someone who has to get to work. It aint me unless it's the last day of a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    I figure in 2 yrs, I will be able to get the boy up and out before the wheel starts turning.
    This is funny, and sort of opposite of our experience. I am a first tracks nazi. Drives my wife insane. It's especially tough in the early season when it's totally dark when I get up at 6am. We usually arrive at the mountain around 7:30. Since we had our daughter she pops her head up as soon as I start making the coffee - that gets my wife right up.

One thing that makes me cranky is that the Bear Cub Den won't take your child until 8:15 which can be as much as a half hour after the Gondi goes green.

Nothing better than drinking that morning coffee, looking toward the mountain, and seeing that groomer's headlight as he finishes up his work on Cloud.