Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Did they WHACK part of the chimney off?

Looks like they'll rebuild chimney, could probably make it more efficient

At least there is a progress. I wonder if it'll be ready by Christmas

My guess, yes.

OK---photo shows one window--facing the slopes. Granted it is just a corner shot. But there better be lots---no brainer.

Yeah - how about a big window to the left of the fireplace so that you can see the two lift lines. It looks like that is just going to be a wall. Doubt they would build the wall first and then make a cut out for a window. Unless of course they read this thread and realized what a great idea that would be.

It looks like they kept the hearth and ripped out the chimney. They are probably going to put in a triple or double insulated stainless chimney pipe in and frame around it. Easier to clean, more efficient, no leaks, etc.

the lack of windows thing is probably cause this is a shoestring budget project, as i believe ADKskier posted a few months back.

but you guys are right. large vistas of the slopes would rock.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Based upon the most recent photo on Gore's website (I assume I am looking from mountain side because the main door would otherwise be infront of the fireplace. There is no flue---so I am thinking they may be installing the aftermarket, 3sheet stainless as mentioned.

But the kicker---two windows!!!!! Budget or not.....Plate Glass could have been substituted and framed in until thermals could have been afforded. I do like the siding.

The siding is 80% up. It is a very nice lodge....but as discussed only two windows facing the hill. And while I did not get inside(against the signs to do so) I dont think you would be able to see the new lift or any of the skiing trails...the lodge sitts too low.

They regraded teh tubing hill lift area....and the 1/2 pipe. The lift trail at SkiBowl is going to be very nice.

Tubing Report:

this year tubing hill has 3 lanes as oppose to 4 + 1 (slow one) in prior 2 years

as for fireplace: they stuffed the hole with gas fireplace (or is it electric). what a shame!

Tubing is fun. While we normally go to West, we went at the Ski Bowl a few years ago. The weather had been warm for a few days prior and the snow wet. Well, it was 10 degrees when we got there and HOLY SMOKES was it ever fast! I'm telling you, we were flying down that tubing run. It was great. They had people at the bottom trying to stop you so you didn't shoot on over to North Creek. I was surprised they didn't close it down.
    incoming .................DUCK !