Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dark Side Photos

Guys and Girls,

I'd like to start a collection of Dark Side Photos on my blog. Problem is...since I end up skiing alone alot - I don't have action shots. If anyone has anything to contribute you could email them to me at harveyblogger@gmail.com. Any shots - action or not...are very welcome.

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/01...k-side_10.html

I don’t mean to hijack on the first reply, but I wanted to let you know I think your blog is really well done. I especially like the part on your cabin and its history.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

great idea, Harv--but sadly I don't have anything to contribute.

But it'd be cool to see a couple pics of folks launching the good huck spots--especially that sweet one just as you come over the lip at the top by Cloud.

i try too post photos ,but cant seem too figure it out,they need to make it easier,or i need too get better at this computor stuff,but im not,and im sure there are others,i know youll say its easy,sure if you can figure it out.go too the gallery,not much there is there.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    i try too post photos ,but cant seem too figure it out,they need to make it easier,or i need too get better at this computor stuff,but im not,and im sure there are others,i know youll say its easy,sure if you can figure it out.go too the gallery,not much there is there.
    UR right, like everything else it's easy if you know how to do it, until then it is not.

I've posted directions many times over the years and it doesn't seem to help.

I'd like to see more pics from more people too.

If you or anyone else wants to pm me a phone number and convenient time I’d be glad to talk you through the process.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    UR right, like everything else it's easy if you know how to do it, until then it is not.

I've posted directions many times over the years and it doesn't seem to help.

I'd like to see more pics from more people too.

If you or anyone else wants to pm me a phone number and convenient time I’d be glad to talk you through the process.
    see, now that's a nice guy, going the extra mile for the cause. not suckin up, just stating a fact.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Thanks for the props HPD. I'm amazed at how many visitors come by Harvey Road to check it out, even in the off season or when I went through my long dry spell this winter. I really appreciate the traffic.

I added this new feature - I'm not really sure what it does. You can be a "follower" whatever that means. I think you can have a pic or an avatar to attach to your comments. It's down on the lower right hand side of the page. Also I think you can subscribe, so if you want to know when something new is posted you can get an email. I'm learning.

Ray - you da man. This is a classic. I don't think I've ever seen a skier come to this spot without stopping to ponder the options. Also it occurs to me that I don't think I can ever remember the gnarly bumps on Lower Steilhang being bathed in sunlight. Very cool:

It has been added to the collection:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/01...k-side_10.html

Best picture wins a chocolate chip cookie from the Saddle Lodge. Keep em comin.

http://forums.skiadk.com/modules.php...view_album.php

Harvey - the first dozen pictures or so are all Dark Side. We need to have a naming contest for the chute pictured, unless it already has a name.

I'll be in touch next season to let you know when I'll claim my cookie .

I LOVE that pic of Lower Steilhang. I made it my desktop wallpaper
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    I LOVE that pic of Lower Steilhang. I made it my desktop wallpaper
    Nice!

OK.. can someone tell me where this was taken:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/06/mystery-photo.html

I'm trying to decide if it goes in the Dark Side collection.

Thanks for all the contributions so far.