Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cloud. hard left to lower darby. hard right to headwaters. note Mt. Marcy in the extreme foreground. if you look real close, you may see Ranger Fish making his 1000th+ ascent of Mt. Marcy.

do i get a cookie?

just over that crest is an excellent place to pick up pieces of Garnet in the gravel that lines the side of the road.

that should merit 2 cookies !
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    I LOVE that pic of Lower Steilhang. I made it my desktop wallpaper
    ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    I LOVE that pic of Lower Steilhang. I made it my desktop wallpaper
    Nice!

OK.. can someone tell me where this was taken:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/06/mystery-photo.html

I'm trying to decide if it goes in the Dark Side collection.

Thanks for all the contributions so far.
    The wide-angle lens makes it tough, but my guess is Upper Steilhang right at the end of the schlep uphill (near the cut-through for the warming hut) and well before the entrance to one of those trails named after that guy who got hit in the head with a falling apple

I think that dark peak in the foreground is Burnt Ridge and behind it is the Moxham Ridge (from Moxham Mt. to Moxham Point).

Because of the wide-angle lens, the High Peaks would look like they're 300 miles away
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Cloud. hard left to lower darby. hard right to headwaters. note Mt. Marcy in the extreme foreground. if you look real close, you may see Ranger Fish making his 1000th+ ascent of Mt. Marcy.

do i get a cookie?

just over that crest is an excellent place to pick up pieces of Garnet in the gravel that lines the side of the road.

I want to change my answer and agree with you. Upper Steilhang is too narrow and doesn't have a view of Burnt Ridge.

I like how this has kept me thinking about Gore trails this week
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

do i get a cookie?

I want to change my answer and agree with you. Upper Steilhang is too narrow and doesn't have a view of Burnt Ridge.

yeah.....you just want the cookies harv's gonna give me......race ya to the saddle lodge.

do i get a cookie?

yeah.....you just want the cookies harv's gonna give me......race ya to the saddle lodge.
    Better race . . . to the Tannery Pub . . . non-stop . . . and I'll buy you a beer

...Cloud. hard left to lower darby. hard right to headwaters...
    I think Snowballs is right about the location that the photo was shot from. I thought if MAYBE that pic was taken from the Upper - Lower Darby Connector I could stretch the rules and consider the pic for the Dark Side collection. But if it's really Lower Cloud - no go. IMO no true Gorophile would consider Cloud part of the Dark Side. The clincher is that the trail in the pic is GROOMED and they rarely groom that connector.

do i get a cookie?
    Cookies are for those intrepid souls who contribute PHOTOS to the collection. More please.

Rats! then i'll have to meet Spongeworthy at Tannery for a brew.

Rats! then i'll have to meet Spongeworthy at Tannery for a brew.
    How do we meet up without disclosing my secret identity

How do we meet up without disclosing my secret identity
    The truly spongeworthy are obvious from the moment they enter Tannery.

And now back to our regulary scheduled programming. I'm upping the anti....ANYBODY who submits a picture I use gets a cookie and a photo credit. BEST pic gets a Saddle Lodge Cheeseburger.

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/01...k-side_10.html