Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sprayed poisen ivy, replaced 3 rotted picnic table benches, raked gravel, cut grass then took the kids swimming. As we leave the locker room there is sign that reads "steam room". My 4 yo is learning to read....so he says... Dad, lets go the SKIING room. I said, what? Skiing room? I make him point to it....he sounds out STEAM...and it sounded a bit like SKI.... I tell him steam...he says, Dad, I miss Winter. Yes, we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    Dad, I miss Winter. Yes, we all do.
    Nice to know I'm not the only kid who misses it.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    Dad, I miss Winter. Yes, we all do.
    Nice to know I'm not the only kid who misses it.
    This weekend my 5yr old drew a chairlift with chalk on our driveway and it had about 15 lift towers and 60 chairs. Sigh.......

Ditto. My 6-year old chalked out a contraption in the driveway the other day that he stated was the Gondola. As impressive as his drawing was, I hope the engineering behind the actual gondola is based on sounder principles than what I saw chalked out in the driveway.

haha. This is pretty cute. Wonder if these kids are IMing each other? Seems to be a chalk/driveway conspiracy.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Did the early arrival of spring bring an early arrival of the black flies? Thinking about heading up for a little hiking this weekend or next...just wondering how much blood I'll be donating to them buggers...

Quote Originally Posted by mattyR
    Did the early arrival of spring bring an early arrival of the black flies? Thinking about heading up for a little hiking this weekend or next...just wondering how much blood I'll be donating to them buggers...
    In North Creek, North River, 13th Lake and Minerva, they're out and they're biting, but so far not in swarms and not with a lot of enthusiasm. Other places could be a lot worse. I got a bunch of bites this weekend, but I don't find myself incessantly scratching any of them, even the huge one I got on the side of my face. All of that will definitely change, and not for the better, so be prepared for the inevitable seasonal assault this weekend. Whatever you do, don't forget to wear a hat.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli