Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser
    Gore site lists "Eagle's Nest" as a new run, anyone know what this refers to? I can guess its the connector from the Pipeline to the base of BRQ. Expanded Cirque Glades mentioned also.....now I am curious!
    You got it exactly right:

"Guests should look for the opening of "Eagle's Nest," an intermediate trail that connects from the Pipeline Trail to the base of the Burnt Ridge Quad. In improving access to Burnt Ridge, the Cirque Glades will be extended all the way to the base of the lift and work will be done to regrade the "Cedars" trail."

well, then i wonder how are we getting to the eagles nest this year ? are they putting snowmaking on the pipeline? or just opening it when there's sufficient coverage? or are they also cutting the trail from the top of Burnt to the pipeline? either way, i bet the woodies will like the big triangle piece of woods. some of it looks like it's fairly steep. i'ld bet my left almond there's small cliffs w/chutes.

hey, isn't it great they're spending some coin and making the hill even better.

Anybody hit that cookout the lifties had at the bottom of BRQ last year? my kid thought that was the bomb.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Yeah, hit the snow kitchen and the free dogs they were giving out. Cool deal, unexpected.

Yeah, hit the snow kitchen
    that " snow kitchen " (lol) was kinda neat. they had some work in building that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Yeah, hit the snow kitchen
    that " snow kitchen " (lol) was kinda neat. they had some work in building that.
    Wasn't "official" title "Burnt Ridge Lodge" or something? I seem to recall that on the blackboard they had set up...

Agreed--very cool. Definitely added a sweet vibe to the runs over there that day.

now that you mention it, you are correct....Burnt Ridge Lodge! hehehe. it was actually kinda nice. right on the vibe part, too. it was cool talking to people while waitng in the chow line and then while chomping some dogs. one Lady, w/wiener in hand, told me those lift side cookouts are common over seas. it was also cool on the lifties part-nice thing for them to do. i think they did it for 3? days.

my kid can be cheap. i didn't have any cash on me, but i knew he had dollars in his ski jacket as i always make sure he carries a few bucks. anyway, i asked him to put some money in the tip jar at Burnt Ridge Lodge. "OK." so we get up to the front and he puts in like .12! hehehe. "Cough it up, Kid!". Me and the other patrons razzed him a little about that one.

i know, i know.......where was my cash? back in the car.

Gore site lists "Eagle's Nest" as a new run, anyone know what this refers to? I can guess its the connector from the Pipeline to the base of BRQ.
    Expanded Cirque Glades mentioned also.....now I am curious!
    Here is image if new connector Eagle Nest appearing on Gore website today: