Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fixed Heels Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    I'm going to try to hit Steiners on Saturday on our way up if our 3 year old will tolerate it.
    Did you hit Steiner's Saturday? Garick is THE MAN for boot fitting, but if you don't already know, don't expect any discount at all.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Weather was so nice that we went straight to the cabin. Will hit it on the way back.

I think I created some confusion here. This setup is for my wife, not my 3 year old daughter. Still I'll take some time to read through them after bath time!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    Just a note, you can get some of the benefits of a custom footbed without spending hundreds on true customs. The pair I have was a quick in store pair that utilized a chemical reaction in the material under the arch to quickly soften it, allow it to conform to your foot while in the boot, then set up rather quickly. Out the door for about $40. Not sure they still have such a thing though.
    I like ^this^ option. SKIdds, where did you do your footbeds ?

Re: Fixed Heels Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Harv, I suggest Stiener's Sports in Glemont. http://steinerssports.com/

Ask for Garick, he is a certified America's Best bootfitter and also the owner. I've recommended him to people who have had problems with boot pain. All raved about the quality of his work and said it was well worth the trip. It would be an easy stop off the Thruway for you on your way to Gore.
    As advertised, Stiener's was awesome. It was Garick's day off. Jay seemed knowledgeable and convinced me that the key was in the followup visits with Garick - 3 fitting visits included. We put $100 down on boots that will be on sale in a few weeks - they'll have to be fitted over at the Jiminy store. Tecnica Dragon 100 UFs. We talked a little about skis and Jay was thinking K2 Luvs or Volkl Attivas.

Would appreciate any opinions.

HPD thanks 1000%.

HPD - an great experience at Steiner's yesterday. Garrick really took a lot of time with us worked very hard to get the fit perfect.

Oh yea...I little bit of a surprise to me...we end up with these in the trunk:

The K2 Free Luvs. 120/76/104 in a 156 length. Wider than I thought they'd recommend for a groomer girl. But we trusted Garrick and went with it.

One thing is cool...these days, with shorter and shorter skiis... you can fit boards in a Honda Civic without any problem.

She'll Love the Luvs. My daughter has the K2 Burning Luvs and the smile was stuck on her face for days. She has had them a couple years now and still really likes them. She was comfortable on them the first run the first day. Thanks for all your pictures Harv.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHiker
    She'll Love the Luvs. My daughter has the K2 Burning Luvs and the smile was stuck on her face for days. She has had them a couple years now and still really likes them. She was comfortable on them the first run the first day. Thanks for all your pictures Harv.
    That would be a dream come true. Funny thing...the more she likes skiing, the more I ski.

HH...not sure what the thanks are for, but you are 100% welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    dig those crazy graphics. She must be a Wild Thang.

The K2 line for Girls is well received. Seriously, never heard any that didn't Luv them.

Whatcha gonna do for boots?

She's gonna be fast on the groomers, Harv.

Mine's on me for a pair of Volkl Pearls. She no way needs new skis......she just luvs the way they look and figures she'll look cool sportin twin tips.
    incoming .................DUCK !