Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Weenie Bug Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Anyway...there has been SO much rain this year... I'm wondering if anyone who has been up in the hills recently has any info to share. It wouldn't surprise me if bug season was extended this year. If I'm right, I'm thinking we may skip our August weekend and stick with our week in September. Thanks for any input.
    The mosquitoes, of course, are as bad as ever. Lotsa rain means lotsa breeding puddles.

This past weekend, the no-see-ums ate me up. And I never saw "um" My arms look like I had the measles.
    I must ask. What are those no-see-ums? Is that their real name? The blasted things are the major annoyance here at my house. early summer is bad every year. this year they are still around prompting people to do the Adirondack Wave.
    It's a biting midge. They're small enough to fly right thru your window screens.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

thanks. now i can reaseach them a bit and "hopefullly" find a way to kill em. i suspect they live in the trees and many shrubs in my yard. if so i'll find something to spray on the trees. the lawn bug stuff does not kill them.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Harv...can say that there was a bit of humor in blasting folks talking about bugs and then asking about them...but that is what we do......

Bug Report. Stayed Friday through Wednesday (this week) One day of rain, Sunday.

Tiny brown nats---flew round my head when I dug up dirt or gravel. Never bit, just bothersome. Also when we biked down a dirt road bed from Chataimac (sp) Lake.

Mosquetos---when I was working around water. Never bit when I hiked in Straightbrook or Roaring stream beds, or deep woods.

No See-ums. Never saw'em or got bit by 'em.

Brown/grey/beige color flys---big wings. Bit me hard on my hike up pipeline. I am reliving the pain as I type this. OUch.