Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SIAWOL
    I had my daughter (4 yo) in the 10 week all day program last season and I'm absolutely doing it again.
    SIAWOL, I had 10 weeks in mind originally, but it being one day only - it's not such a good deal, so I signed up my son for a full program. At $999 (with $275 pass included) it beats morning-only ($779) price wise.

Were you able to join your kid for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Quote Originally Posted by SIAWOL
    I had my daughter (4 yo) in the 10 week all day program last season and I'm absolutely doing it again.
    SIAWOL, I had 10 weeks in mind originally, but it being one day only - it's not such a good deal, so I signed up my son for a full program. At $999 (with $275 pass included) it beats morning-only ($779) price wise.

Were you able to join your kid for lunch?
    I suppose you COULD try and join your son for lunch, but logisitically it gets challenging. When you check him in to the program in the AM, you'll get identical numbered tags--so only you can check him out. If you meet up for lunch, you'd probably need to check him out then check him back in again for the afternoon. I'm thinking there'd be a reluctance from the staff to allow you to actually eat in the program room with your soon--so you may want to call and check.

I intentionally avoided the topic last season because I didn't want my daughter to latch onto me at lunch and then not want to go back out after lunch with her instructor, etc. I also found that she loved eating with her friends...

Towards the end of the day--say, 3pm--I'd track them down on the hill (after 2-3 weeks you'll figure out where you're most likely to find them) and ski a few runs with her and instructor. Then I'd check her out of the program and catch a run or two sans instructor. Worked for us.

And keep a kid-friendly snack in your pocket at all times. If you happen to run across him on the hill throughout the day--you can toss him the snack and he'll think you're an even cooler Dad than you already are... and it lets you ski off solo with no tears and less guilt....

Well, the Season Long program looks to be a very good deal. My son skies in a small group, few times along with instructor. He respects his instructor and enjoys skiing more then while skiing with his dad or mom.

Question: do you tip the instructor, when and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Well, the Season Long program looks to be a very good deal. My son skies in a small group, few times along with instructor. He respects his instructor and enjoys skiing more then while skiing with his dad or mom.

Question: do you tip the instructor, when and how much?
    Glad to hear its going well, Den. I thought the same thing---my daughter skis a lot more with the instructor than she does with me. It's all about the environment.

I usually tip every other week when I pick her up outisde on the snow near the base of the double. Inside is really weird because everyone else is standing around. $20, so---$10/week.

One week last year was really awkward. It was about the 3rd week of the season and they reshuffled the kids slightly based on progress, AND two small groups kind of combined into one for the day. She ended up having about 3 instructors that day so I elected to defer tipping that week....