Thread: Gore Summer Fun

Gore Summer Fun

Link to an opinion piece on ORDA and its alleged treatment of Gore vs Whiteface/LP in the summer.

http://www.adirondackalmanack.com/20...ving-gore.html

Of note, if you read through the story, there are comments. One NC hotel owner oddly feels a bit different than the writer. Also--follow the link to the story about Vermont Ski areas (SMUGGS/BROMLEY)

Guess my first blush thoughts would be significantly overshadowed by the hotel owner, whom I don't know but respect. 1) Gore is doing lots of dev...in the winter AWESOME. 2) Maybe the mountain needs to concentrate on skiing before it gets to something else, like summer fun. 3) I would hate to see winter money being spent in the spring/summer..if it did not promise a return on investment. BUT 4) Perhaps bringing people here in the summer, would give them an idea to "come back" in the winter to try skiing. 5) 2/30 events on ORDA site...is not good. Perhaps this article will get ORDA thinking of creative ways to link some NorthCreek activities (like they do for Lake Placid) into "Gore" activities. To name a few:the River Run weekend. Race the Train Weekend, Bluegrass Festival--held in Snow Bowl for goodness sakes.

I found this article while looking elsewhere (other than Gore's website) for what trails might open for mountain biking....I found a 2003 advertisment that said Gore had 14 open trails. BUT putting a bike on the Gondi was "expressly forbidden". Guess that changed.

at one time, they used to load bikes on the gondi. Face and this summer West mtn both have downhill biking so i guess it's natural for Gore to try it. they're gonna need a ram rod like DHM, IMO, to succeed.

there's a tons of summer stuff to do in this area. tons. they could list some of it without spending money on it themselves.
    incoming .................DUCK !