Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Gore Mountain Weather 09/10

I have been LOOKING for ANYTHING concrete to start this thread. ANYTHING. Last year I started it, with a 30% chance of snow call sometime in October I think.

Last week NWS had a call for patchy frost in North River, but not for Gore for some reason, so I passed on it.

Tonight I took the recycling out to the corner and freakin FROZE my tuckas here in downtown NJ. I KNEW there had to be something, and I found it. I see that I've been scooped by Snowballs, but here it is:

HERE WE GO!

http://nyskiblog.com/2009/08/sunspot...rom-82909.html

the old man and the Gore weather report

the Gore Mtn. weather report and the old man have returned!

the return of familiar things brings comfort. as the full corn moon waxs in a clear sky, temps here just dropped below 40. my furnance just kicked on. for the first time in months we have some things we've been doing without. Monday night football, shorter days, longer nights, cooler temps and lots of posting on the boards. this is great as ski season excitement is starting to breakout. the pictures in the " name that trail " threads have lit up the boards like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition on a junior high school bus. well done HPD and Matt.

now as a sure sign of the times, the Gore Mtn weather thread and the old man have returned!!!

Welcome back to both, especially to Bret Favre. he played well tonight.

Another interesting though disappointing weather observation. the night sky here in the ADKs is NOTHING like the view at Cherry Springs Dark Sky Park in Pennsylvania. I've even stopped alongside Cascade lakes late at night in years past hoping for a stellar view. it didn't happen. i thought there would be great starscapes due to the lack of civilization. Alas, it seems air pollution has more than invaded this great wilderness. believe it or not, it used to be when i returned home from trips i could smell the cleaner air here as soon as i stepped out of the car. now the last 3-4 years that difference is no longer discernable. sad. disappointing.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Something must be going on, I had my first snow dream last night. Dreamed I went out on the deck just after dark to put the dog on the run and it had snowed about an inch. Won't be long!

YOu guys are WHAckeD. We ain't getting any snow this year

Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    YOu guys are WHAckeD. We ain't getting any snow this year

where are you wintering at this year, breck-ster? still " suffering " out west?
    incoming .................DUCK !

bahh NO, unfortunately. Will hopefully spend a week there or SLC in Feb. Came back here in the spring after doing a little US tour. Got myself into trouble so now im stuck for a while

Don't think I'll have the money to poney up for a pass, will probably get good use out of the split board this winter though; and of course going to have to try out Hickory
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

That sucks, man . . . I'm hard up for cash too . . .

harv, i gotta buy you a beer for being the eternal optimist.

MC...I'd enjoy that thanks. Love to share Pharaoh secrets sometime. Spent a lot of time in there.

I guess I was asking for major thread drift by starting the weather thread in August for god sakes.

I tried all day to find SOMETHING to put this thread back on topic.

My Idea of a SWEET Fall Weekend:

Anyone else going up?