Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Gore

So after adjusting for "marketing optimism" that means they got less than 1/4". And...reliable sources report that Gore will begin to lay off snow makers next week as is traditionally done. Snow making after this week will be the usual patch and dash.

Re: Not in NC

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    Not even 1/4" in North Creek. We got light flurries and the pavement is bare. 1.5" reported in Glens Falls as the storm moves east at this hour. Nothing falling now.
    Yep. Was there all day. Hardly any snow fell until after 2 pm. B A R E L Y a dusting by 4ish. Roads bare down to Warrensburg. Radar shows it's very quickly leaving the area now. Roughly an 1.5" here at exit 18. Weatherman suck.

Light crowd today.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Re: Gore

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    Gore will begin to lay off snow makers next week as is traditionally done. Snow making after this week will be the usual patch and dash.
    I heard that too... it's just sad that with this weather there seems to be a bit too much to "patch" & they've been "dashing" around too much as it is.

I'm just keeping all fingers crossed for a good snowy March. (Although I did see robins around town not that long ago & a stinkin' chipmunk ran across the deck & down to the river today.)
    -Keep your skis happy!

yup, like I said this storm once again missed to the South and East

Got home today to another 6-8 inches of good heavy basemaker snow. Add that to the 10 or so inches from last week and we would be talking a nice addition to the base.

Too bad I live in North Jersey (goes without saying).

On another note we rode WF on Saturday and Sunday and they had good coverage up there. Skied off by the afternoon, but the mornings were awesome. Saturday morning was cold, clear and no wind.

Hey anythings possible:

Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I am headed to Utah for the weekend. While I am there I will try to get a snow god drunk and shangai him to North Creek for next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla
    I am headed to Utah for the weekend. While I am there I will try to get a snow god drunk and shangai him to North Creek for next weekend
    NICE!!! Now that's a plan.
    -Keep your skis happy!

After this last "storm" I am thoroughly convinced that Gore caused some kind of Bad Karma/Juju with their Gold Parking, Lack of Snowmaking, Bad Facebook PR, etc. that is leading to this horrible snow drought. Don't give me any of that meteorology/science mumbo jumbo either. (I'm looking at you Harvey).

hehehe. " Juju ".

I think I used to date her. Yep. Pretty sure I use to pick her up and we'ld go parking in my karma.
    incoming .................DUCK !