Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Bring your edges

GREAT day today. Very good coverage all over the mountain except for wild air and the bottom third of everything on the front. It was clear and sunny but it stayed pretty cold all day so it never really softened up. Didn't hit the darkside at all. Everything else was carvable with edges. Twister was my pick of the day.

They will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. Get out and get it. It is surprisingly good and our days are numbered.

Re: Bring your edges

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla
    They will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. Get out and get it. It is surprisingly good and our days are numbered.
    Closed Wednesday, too. I think they're trying to stretch it to the weekend after Easter.

I like that. Maybe I can ski in the morning and kayak in the afternoon on Minerva Creek like I did 2 years ago.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

WSW for points North.

If anything falls and sticks in NC or at 1500 feet would love to know. Since I track snow before the lift open, I'd like to be consistent and record post lift snow too.

If you've got the flex, grab your sticks and hit the northern green spine. Could be big.

FYI Lies still looked good on Friday ... Jeff what were we thinking?
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Just a welcome NCP event here. 34 degrees. Good thing. It's been dry. CNN just said 6-12" elevational snow for the Dacks.

You gonna post the Mega Harv Snow Total? I'll guess 120".
    incoming .................DUCK !

I am sure its buried (no pun intended) in here somewhere, curious what this season's total compares to the 10 or 25 year average at the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser
    I am sure its buried (no pun intended) in here somewhere, curious what this season's total compares to the 10 or 25 year average at the mountain.
    This site says 13' or 156" per anum.

http://www.gottagoitsnows.com/skiareas/1168.html
    incoming .................DUCK !

Long term average for Gore is reported as 150 inches. That seems about right to me.

I've only been measuring for two years.

MegaHarv Snow Totals

I've got 118" this year (before today) and 149" last year.[/url]
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

gore averages 150 inches in general, the top maybe 160 while the base is 140ish

Thanks guys. Wow looking back at the daily this season really puts it in perspective. Total does not seem too far off average (about 30") but January breakout shows how light it was.

Snow

The upper mountain is white, but I have not spoken to anyone working to hear how much snow fell. Jay has over 15"