Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    thanks for that 'tron project Harv. Mega useful. very interesting. Glad we harv it.

i wonder if 150 inches is traditionally Gore's average snowfall. i seem to recall reading about Gore 8 years ago and they said something like 180 or maybe 220 inches average snowfall. Anybody know for sure? Are we losing snowfall?

It's weird Gore doesn't release annual snowfall info anymore. I know they used to. What gives?
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    It's weird Gore doesn't release annual snowfall info anymore. I know they used to. What gives?
    Someone should make a FOIL request
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Wholly Snike! North central Pennsylvania is forecasted to get 4-12 inches of snow by Saturday morning.

I admit it...I don't know...what's a FOIL request?

Hey I know this won't amount to anything, but it's a pretty cool forecast for October:

Freedom of information.......Like does anyone know what Gore used to receive for annual snowfall say 10 yrs ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44

Hey I know this won't amount to anything, but it's a pretty cool forecast for October:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44

A FOIL request refers to the freedom of information law This act allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States Government. The Act defines agency records subject to disclosure, outlines mandatory disclosure procedures and grants nine exemptions to the statute.

Amazing how the posting drops way down when the temps rise. Not just here but all across the internets...AZ, FTO, etc....now that the Sunday River thing has died down. I been hard pressed to find any thing stokeworthy to post weatherwise. Sure has been beautiful by the standard definition. But I'm one of those nutcases that likes it cold and cloudy.

OK. There is probably nothing less reliable than an Accuweather 15 day forecast. This really makes me laugh:

So count on it. Snow showers in the morning on Friday Nov 6.

One thing that I do believe is that long term TEMP forecasts are slightly more reliable than long term PRECIP forecasts. So here's what I got....colder than seasonable temps returning around the first of the month:

If I was smart, I'da started an "Adk Ski Weather 09/10" thread in the General Discussion, to cut down on my post count. Definitely will take that approach next year.

At least they are using the word "cold" here and there...

LONG TERM from NWS ALY

SUN NT-WED... PROGRESSIVELY COLDER TEMPERATURES...AND GENERALLY DRY CONDITIONS WITHIN THE VALLEYS. HOWEVER...WITH THE COLDER AIR TRAVERSING THE RELATIVELY TEPID GREAT LAKES WATERS...SOME LAKE EFFECT/ENHANCED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS NW AREAS...WITH THE TREND TOWARD SNOW SHOWERS BY TUE NT INTO WED.

DEPENDING ON THE TRACK OF AN UPPER LEVEL SHORTWAVE...SHOWERS OF RAIN OR SNOW COULD EVEN REACH VALLEY AREAS...FROM ALBANY N AND W...ON TUE...COOLING A BIT BY WED. OVERNIGHT MINS WILL MAINLY RANGE FROM THE MID 20S ACROSS NORTHERN AREAS...TO LOWER AND MID 30S IN THE VALLEYS.