Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    THey're calling for rain sat/sunday. Saturdays low down here is 40, there's gotta be a chance for some white up there.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.

or one of these

October 29, 2008. (Weird that they were exactly 3 years apart)
    IF that does happen, who's gonna call in sick and go shred with me?
    Ahh this was exactly one year ago. It would be very convenient if that happened again. I could go for some shred.
    send it!

I know it's too soon for this kind of stuff, but maybe it will keep me from posting TRs from LAST YEAR in the TRAIL PIC THREAD for god sakes:

LONG TERM from NWS ALY

A COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP ACROSS OUR FORECAST AREA FROM THE WEST ON TUESDAY...

HIGH PRESSURE RIDGING SOUTHWARD BEHIND THE FRONT FROM THE WESTERN ARCTIC WILL BRING COLDER TEMPERATURES /ABOUT 5 TO 10 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL/ TO OUR REGION. A WESTERLY FLOW AND AREAS OF UPSLOPING WILL MEAN LAKE ENHANCED/ OROGRAPHIC SNOW SHOWERS WILL BE A GOOD POSSIBILITY NORTH AND WEST OF THE CAPITAL REGION ...TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY...AS THE COLDER AIR POURS IN.

HIGH PRESSURE WITH NORTHWARD RIDGING PASSES TO OUR SOUTH ON WEDNESDAY...AND LOW PRESSURE TRACKING GENERALLY EAST SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE LOWER GREAT LAKES WILL BRING OUR NEXT CHANCE OF RAIN/SNOW/MIX AS EARLY AS THURSDAY NIGHT.

here's a tease.

local weather just reported a small storm approaching. reports of wet snow mixing in with the rain at higher elevations in western Fulton County. Speculator/Lake Pleasant may get an inch... heading east and will pass over Gore...maybe Face.

i know it's not much but they are using the S word!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    here's a tease.

local weather just reported a small storm approaching. reports of wet snow mixing in with the rain at higher elevations in western Fulton County. Speculator/Lake Pleasant may get an inch... heading east and will pass over Gore...maybe Face.

i know it's not much but they are using the S word!
    A friend just told me it was snowing real hard in Speculator.
    I was about to go road trippin just to see some snow. I need to brush up on my winter driving anyways

This is in someone I know's backyard right in North Creek.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODD0V...layer_embedded

Also, a friend just said they had 2-3 inches in Piseco, just west of Lake Pleasant.

... It's coming!
    send it!

Finally Something

LONG TERM...from NWS ALY

THE FORECAST BECOMES EVEN MORE DIFFICULT SUNDAY INTO MONDAY AS IT APPEARS THAT THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL STALL JUST TO OUR SOUTH...RETURN AS A WARM FRONT ON SUNDAY...FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONT DURING THE DAY ON MONDAY.

THIS COLD FRONT LOOKS AS THOUGH IT WILL USHER IN MUCH COLDER AIR FOR THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. FOR THE SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY FORECAST PERIOD...WILL KEEP CHANCE POPS IN THE FORECAST WITH MAINLY RAIN SHOWERS...BUT SOME SNOW SHOWERS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS MAINLY ABOVE 1500 FEET LATE SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

its going to be a low snowfall season
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

its looking warm the next 2 weeks, opening for black friday is not looking good

personal prediction:
    epic freeze t-giving week, followed by 14 inch storm thanksgiving day, followed by sunshine skies friday morning, high of 29 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCarving
    personal prediction:
    epic freeze t-giving week, followed by 14 inch storm thanksgiving day, followed by sunshine skies friday morning, high of 29 degrees.
    I am sorry but keep dreaming Wish it would happen