Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Parking

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    that plus a bottle neck causing traffic jams is gonna make people mad.
    That was my main concern. From the looks if it, it seems like you have to drive past the dropoff area in order to get to the Gold Parking. Like all the people who are paying to park 10 feet away from the lodge are going to bother spending extra time so they have to a few less feet . Also proposing a major bottle necking problem for people who are using the dropoff zone and aren't doing Gold Parking. I think it's only about 1 car width wide between the snowbanks and the entrance to the booth where you pay to get into Gold Parking. So then you'll be backed up from the Joey's searching for $10 or waiting to get their change when you're not even going to be in that lot.

On the bright side, it looks like the shuttle bus drivers will be getting some more tips compared to last year.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    On the bright side, it looks like the shuttle bus drivers will be getting some more tips compared to last year.
    That's another issue. how in the heck are the shuttle buses gonna get thru there with any expediency? Or the Tour busses? if they only left that narrow of a passage, then their greed exceeded their smarts. this would need at least a wide 3 lane passage way for the busses to be a comfortable fit. plus you gotta add in pedestrian cross traffic.

it's further complicated by the fact that last year all traffic to that lot had to go to the right and then proceed to the front before entering to park even in the back of that lot. well, some of us, , said screw that noise, and took the more direct, logical route. ya know, the one used for years! it always worked for me before.

i sure hope this doesn't turn out to be one big cluster........
    incoming .................DUCK !

Paying

They may help the bottleneck a bit by the fact that Golddiggers will pay on the way out. This is yet another part of the plan that makes so much sense...make the parking troll work a lot later to wait out those in the bar! They should charge on the way in and then send the attendant home at 1 or so to minimize payroll costs!

Re: Paying

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    They may help the bottleneck a bit by the fact that Golddiggers will pay on the way out. This is yet another part of the plan that makes so much sense...make the parking troll work a lot later to wait out those in the bar! They should charge on the way in and then send the attendant home at 1 or so to minimize payroll costs!
    Are they actually having them pay on the way out?
    send it!

yea. i heard that too, from Jimmer's friend the janitor you might say. they may be doing it that way so people can get to the slopes faster. JFTJ also told me the hired help isn't too fond of this project and he predicted low collection rates.
    incoming .................DUCK !

yea. i heard that too, from Jimmer's friend the janitor you might say. they may be doing it that way so people can get to the slopes faster. JFTJ also told me the hired help isn't too fond of this project and he predicted low collection rates.
    Is anyone expecting this to turn out well?
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    Is anyone expecting this to turn out well?
    I am not non of the regulars will pay for this anyway so on the slow days they would be lucky to see one or two cars in that lot lol

scam

so maybe this becomes the biggest scam on the mountain - we all just park there and wait out the attendant or work out a "deal" with him (wink wink). Maybe this lot will have more than Pratt and his cronies parking in it.

Just stay at the bar until everyone is gone. That way you can spend your gold parking money on something useful - beer.

Mmmmm . . . beer . . .