Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Gold Parking

Jamesdeluxe has a great quote about the pointlessness of arguing on the internet. I wish I could remember it. Something about wrestling with a pig.

In any case, the call outs from Jimmer and Jmokes on the Snowmaking Thread really got me thinking. Instead of trying to prove that I was trying to be objective, why not get input on Harvey Road from Jmokes?

So we did it.

It was fascinating. I learned things about Gore that I never knew.

And as I mention in the piece, if you really listen to what Jmokes is saying, like most of the posters here - he really loves Gore. At one point I asked him what he likes about Gore. When he got going on his favorite terrain, I think he named every trail except Tannery.

IMO his input doesn't come off as flaming, but more like the stern advice you'd give your brother, if you thought he was going down the wrong path.

He's got some cool alternative ideas about how to raise revenue at Gore too.

I know I said I'd cut down on the link posting, but I think this is the logical followup to previous pieces with Emily and Mike.

Check it out:

http://nyskiblog.com/2010/01/convers...f-moeckel.html

My thanks to Jeff, for fitting this in. I know he's been very busy with work.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Why don't we have a half pipe?
    Well technically we do. It's down at the ski bowl. The walls are about 8 foot tall, on an inconsistent pitch, and our pipe cutter is horrible. The amount of money it takes to blow the snow and upkeep on the pipe cutter or getting a new one makes it entirely not worth it. Plus almost no one at Gore knows how to ride a pipe. Whiteface has one, obviously, but that gets almost no use, even from my friends who go to ski academy up there. I heard they're thinking of getting rid of it.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Jamesdeluxe has a great quote about the pointlessness of arguing on the internet. I wish I could remember it. Something about wrestling with a pig.
    “Never wrestle with a pig—you get dirty and the pig likes it” ??