Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Parking

Bottleneck

The bottleneck looks worse than I had imagined. I took a drive up there today. The barriers have a long chain running through them (got bolt cutters?) on the downhill side. This is the side from which we would normally arrive. It appears to be a length of chain that is not intended to be removed. On the uphill side (adjacent to the unloading area), there are openings between the barriers today. If they open the paid parking for free use, it seems as if the only possible ways in will be all the way up at the unloading area or through the attendant's booth. They were wiring up the booth today.

We could all park at Harv's and car pool! we'll hire that crazy lady driver who used to drive shuttle for Gore-she don't let nothing stand in her way.....COMIN' THRU!!! I'll spring for the apres ski partay.
    incoming .................DUCK !

We were at the mountain today to pick up passes and check it out. Gold Parking is about 2/3 of the upper lot. Barricaded with steel sawhorses and chain thru the sawhorses totally around the area. Toll booth is on the far left up across from the side hill. Looks like you would be driving to the right around the lot to the drop off then proceed to the toll to enter and park It seems hard to maintain for the worker guys to plow. I can’t see regular week day folks paying to park there, they’ll just start the day a little annoyed. I don’t usually hike for my turns so I guess this season I just hike abit further.

Too bad for Gore... I PISS GOLD, and it smells too
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Comments

Send comments to:

mike@goremountain.com
    emily@goremountain.com
    Ted Blazer, President of ORDA blazer@orda.org
    Jeffery Byrne, Vice President byrne@orda.org

Here is a link to the ORDA Board of Directors http://www.orda.org/newsite/about/pdf/ordaboard.pdf

i havent been up to see it myself but it sounds like if you park in the free zone, do you have to walk all the way around the gold parking area or duck under or step over chains, or is it 100% chained off??
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

Stopped by earlier today....its about 1/2 the upper lot, only break in the chains is in the middle, otherwise its duck under or far left or far right openings. The staffed the booth today.......dude told me it was free today, but beginning day one, pony up the $10.

Walking

The fact that they haven't even considered those of us who will be walking and carrying skis on our shoulders just goes to prove how ill conceived and poorly planned this project is. They could at least allow walk through openings between each barrier. They must be paying management too much because clearly whoever "planned" this was smoking crack...and I hear that crack isn't cheap!

Re: Walking

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    The fact that they haven't even considered those of us who will be walking and carrying skis on our shoulders just goes to prove how ill conceived and poorly planned this project is. They could at least allow walk through openings between each barrier. They must be paying management too much because clearly whoever "planned" this was smoking crack...and I hear that crack isn't cheap!
    Very well put. If they pile plowed snow on the barricades... ......and we have to walk all the way around the enclosure.... .....and the shuttle don't run midweek..... ...... or the shuttles gets stuck in the bottle neck....

Hopefully they will have it worked out.
    incoming .................DUCK !

The latest BS

Here's the BS from the Gore website:"Parking is available at no cost daily to all guests of Gore Mountain. However, new this year, add convenience to your day with our premier parking option. The closest spots to the Base Area can be purchased for $10 per day, or pre-purchase a 6-pack of reserved spaces for $50. Please note that spaces are obtained on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability. Premier parking is available on Saturday, Sunday, and holiday periods.

For those who prefer complimentary spaces, take advantage of our shuttles, for friendly service to and from all of our parking lots."