Thread: Opening day

Opening day

With all this snow falling down south; "the beast" (imo really lame nickname for killington) and SR blowing snow and opening/rumoring opening I've been pretty busy searching around the ski community online. Just checked out the Gore website- Nice new snow picture at the base, they're saying a Black Friday opening.

Another topridge opening?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Opening in VT

One can ski the beginner trail/terrain park at Mt Snow for $10- this weekend. Short of a major dump, Gore won't open earlier than Black Friday. an earlier opening just loses money and makes it more difficult to complete the many jobs left until the last day before opening. Farmer's Almanac is predicting wet precip in that time frame too. So...the November opening is, at best, a crap shoot for us. Remember all the years that they've made snow for a week only to see it washed out on turkey day and the day before.

Hopefully I'm hitting up Mount Snow this weekend. Depends on weather and if I have to start raking lawns yet or not. Adkskier definitely hit the nail on the head though. Also I think part of the not opening real early has something to do with the park agency.
    send it!

Re: Opening day

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    "the beast" (imo really lame nickname for killington)
    Agree, very lame.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

APA

The Park Agency has no input on the opening day at Gore.

Re: Opening day

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    "the beast" (imo really lame nickname for killington)
    Agree, very lame.
    yeah. Kmart or the big K is more fitting. i don't really like the big K. i enjoy Gore/Face a whole lot more.
    incoming .................DUCK !