Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    could the admin (big cheese, head honcho...) of this forum please contact me. i'd love to thank you and discuss how we can work together in the future

mark
    518 523 1655
    I'll pass this on to Greg
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I like the events button on the left side. It used to be one had to visit different sites to see what's happening in the area. Now Bobsled, skating etc are right there, one click. Great feature.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Sorry, I'd like to diss Prance, but, for my humble needs, it worked.

Yes, there was A LOT of down time, but I can't say for sure if that was Prance's issue, or my IP.

Hopefully, those who felt more vocal earlier in this thread, and certainly from past posts will give you a little better idea of why they'd like to see a change.

For me all I care about is current trail count, snow conditions, new snow totals, and daily grooming info. Color me easy to please.

probably not a Prance issues, but there were a couple of times the mountain was on wind hold, but prance said it was running.
    not a web site thing, but I remember being somewhere where there was a trail map in town, with the open lifts lit up. I always though it would be cool if there was something like this near the announcement board at the Olympic center. It would be something to drive by there and see what is open. Probably not a good time for this, but maybe in the future.

HUGE improvement....like night and day!!! thanks.

it gives a real sense of all the exciting things to do in the region....

a few quick "constructive criticism" comments:

1) the font in the header of the pull-down menus isn't very attractive...is it times new roman? i'd think there could be a more appealling choice.

2) a "photo of the day" link like gore's would be a welcome addition.

3) it could be worth it to have a page dedicated to improvements, which could be update for each upcoming winter and summer.

4) a "stats page" would be nice.

5) i think the background history/info on whiteface should be in the "The Mountain" pull-down menu, as opposed to being hidden in the "Olympic Facilities" menu. Or, maybe a slightly different versions for each pull-down?

6) i understand the reason for it, but gore is not an "olympic facility"....lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    HUGE improvement....like night and day!!! thanks.

it gives a real sense of all the exciting things to do in the region....

a few quick "constructive criticism" comments:

1) the font in the header of the pull-down menus isn't very attractive...is it times new roman? i'd think there could be a more appealling choice.

2) a "photo of the day" link like gore's would be a welcome addition.

3) it could be worth it to have a page dedicated to improvements, which could be update for each upcoming winter and summer.

4) a "stats page" would be nice.

5) i think the background history/info on whiteface should be in the "The Mountain" pull-down menu, as opposed to being hidden in the "Olympic Facilities" menu. Or, maybe a slightly different versions for each pull-down?

6) i understand the reason for it, but gore is not an "olympic facility"....lol.....

regarding the "photo of the day", i now see that, in fact, a "photo of the day" is published on the site.....nice! it'd be cool, though, if we could access an archive of prior shots, just like how gore does it.

weather

we have talked about the weather differences at the mountain (top, middle, bottom), as well differences between LP village and mountain. I would like to see weather conditions at the mountain. It would be really good to have temps and wind at base, mid and top.

Trail and Conditions Report - Prance use to just tell us what trails and lifts where open, this report let's us know where they are making snow on trails that aren't open yet. That's good info, gives ya something to look forward too. Also, it has a freasher look to it. As Bridget would say it is awesome.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

yeah, I like the new setup. The prance was a good idea, but didn't work out. If you go there now, it shows the mountain as fully open.
    One thing I missed immediately - the number of days open. I was really looking for Day # 1. I do like seeing the numbers climb as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    ... One thing I missed immediately - the number of days open. I was really looking for Day # 1. I do like seeing the numbers climb as the season progresses.

Looks like Pat or Joe were lurking as they are now citing the ski days.