Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We don't need no moguls at gore, everything should be groomed to perfection....

I like Moguls . . . I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    We don't need no moguls at gore, everything should be groomed to perfection....

(just in case management doesn't catch that...)
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymo40
    I agree. One of my favorite trails at Mt. Snow was beartrap. Not to steep lots of bumps and music playing. Gore could make a blue bump run on Quicksilver, most novices stay on sunway. Just put a sign at the enterance that mogals are below.
    For "expert" bump runs , it's best to have the moguls OBVIOUS at the trail entrance. A sign is helpful, but nothing scares off the wannabes and gapers more than actually staring down the face and seeing it's all bumped up. Tough to pull off on a lot of trails at Gore because they have that "casual" low angle entrance--by the time you've skied down to the steeper sections there's no where else to go. Beginners need to be able to ski up to the edge of an expert bump run--laugh for a minute--then say "not for me" and ski over to the next trail....

They could build an area of moguls somewhere on the wide section where Showcase and Twister come together. Some of the trail here is steep, but you could bail out. Some times after a decent snow the lower part of North Star gets bumped. This is a nice blue grade, although it is narrow. They might be able to bump up the lower left fork of Uncas or even the main part of Uncas. The problem with Uncas is it gets icy. There also might be sections of Sunway that are wide enough to seed portions of the trail-like right after Quicksilver.

i still say double barrel would be the perfect solution. it would even have good viewing from the lift. i wouldn't doubt they could string portable snowmaking guns from the pipelines on the sides of double barrel, presto! instant trails.

The upper mtn is soooooooooo under utilized. Hawkeye/Chati, Hawkeye/Chati, Hawkeye/Chati is basically all you hear people say on the lift. " what's it gonna be this run? Hawkeye or Chatiemac? ". Those two trails get 90% of the skier traffic on that face of upper mtn.

stand down at the bottom and look back up. there's alot of mtn not being skied. for the benefit of Gore skiers and esp. the better ones, i would like to see that face used more. finish double barrel and leave it bumped, at least one side. the better skiers at Gore truly deserve more terrain geared towards their wants. double barrel would be cheap and easy to finish PLUS it would be a fantastic trail.

cover it with snow and let it go!

and really, what kind of major ski resort does not have a bump run? come on.

i would also like to see a trail cut between Rumor and Lies where the " mistake " trail was started but not finished. it could be an open slope or a winding trail like the one that starts beside open pit. such a trail would be da bomb with the Hot Dog skiers. they deserve it. they would love it and double barrel.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    i would also like to see a trail cut between Rumor and Lies where the " mistake " trail was started but not finished. it could be an open slope or a winding trail like the one that starts beside open pit. such a trail would be da bomb with the Hot Dog skiers. they deserve it. they would love it and double barrel.
    Less is more.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Less is more.
    What he said.
    send it!

If you guys/gals are game ...

We could come up with some questions about moguls. No promises that I'll get a response, but it can't hurt to ask.

My first one would be:

What are the pros and cons of grooming half the width of a trail, and leaving the other half moguled? (is that a word?)
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I got some general mogul questions if someone would be kind enough to answer.

1) What do the other resorts do.....just leave moguls there forever even tho they get rock hard or way dished out?

2) Does blowing snow on an existing mogul field work, feasible/safe to ski after and would it soften them up?

3)Once a trail is groomed moguls don't seem to want to form.....BUT sometimes they start to spring up on groomed Foxlair....is that because of large amount of traffic? Does steepness help to grow moguls a groomed trail?

4) If a groomed trail was not groomed again, would moguls appear?

5) What would you say is your favorite size mogul.... A,B,C or D cup?
    incoming .................DUCK !