Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wild Stallions, A Northeast Extreme Skiing Movie Premier

Wild Stallions, an extreme skiing film, shot in the northeast will be premier this friday,Oct 23 7 pm at West Mountain in their West Side Grill. tickets are only $5, which is being donated to the Make A Wish foundation. this is the only showing in this area.

http://www.skiwestmountain.com/events.cfm?Date=1009
    incoming .................DUCK !

Meatheads!
    Definitely going to be there.
    send it!

Hey Snowballs did you end up going?
    send it!

yeah i did. you? i liked it.

for those who didn't, it had alot of urban stuff. Great stuff for sure. some cooler shots, imo, were of them jumping through some tight " Y's" in urban trees. Also fun was them jibbin in the Magic Forest at Lake Geoge. there's something inherently funny about watching them ski over the various fiberglass animals and dinkin around at the Magic Forest. they had permisson and didn't have to poach it.

i was hoping to see a little more Northeast ski resort trails or backwoods, just to get a look at what's out there. No biggie. They did visit many resorts though. alot of which was ripping their parks and jumps. the sled riding with a picnic table was cool.

anyway, these guys do a great job. they're also funny, a big plus in my book. They seem to be building a positive reputation for themselves and their films. it's deserved.

Various items were raffled off including two midweek nonholiday season passes for West Mtn.

oh yeah, they had a small portable winch that they used to pull skiers along in the flat urbans so they could launch off of various crap. it worked good.

Fuja, you guys could make films like this. I wonder if MattChuck2 is a park hound?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    yeah i did. you? i liked it.

for those who didn't, it had alot of urban stuff. Great stuff for sure. some cooler shots, imo, were of them jumping through some tight " Y's" in urban trees. Also fun was them jibbin in the Magic Forest at Lake Geoge. there's something inherently funny about watching them ski over the various fiberglass animals and dinkin around at the Magic Forest. they had permisson and didn't have to poach it.

i was hoping to see a little more Northeast ski resort trails or backwoods, just to get a look at what's out there. No biggie. They did visit many resorts though. alot of which was ripping their parks and jumps. the sled riding with a picnic table was cool.

anyway, these guys do a great job. they're also funny, a big plus in my book. They seem to be building a positive reputation for themselves and their films. it's deserved.

Various items were raffled off including two midweek nonholiday season passes for West Mtn.

oh yeah, they had a small portable winch that they used to pull skiers along in the flat urbans so they could launch off of various crap. it worked good.

Fuja, you guys could make films like this. I wonder if MattChuck2 is a park hound?
    Yup I was there, I was the one who won the Stowe t-shirt. You weren't sitting at a table with one of your friends next to a group of teenage hooligans by chance, were you?
    If I had some better film equipment, more people to film with some better skills, and some more editing experience I could almost pull something like that off. I still don't think I'd be able to achieve anything as good as them though.

I'm pretty sure Matt is past his park days. I wanna say he's in his mid to late twenties and a tree/bump skier.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Yup I was there, I was the one who won the Stowe t-shirt. You weren't sitting at a table with one of your friends next to a group of teenage hooligans by chance, were you?
    If I had some better film equipment, more people to film with some better skills, and some more editing experience I could almost pull something like that off. I still don't think I'd be able to achieve anything as good as them though.

I'm pretty sure Matt is past his park days. I wanna say he's in his mid to late twenties and a tree/bump skier.
    I'd say that Fuj is pretty damn close (29, tree/bump skier), but I wouldn't say my park days are completely behind me. I mean, I was doing 7s in the park last year (I might be able to get it to a 9 if I get good conditions). I also want to learn Lincolns this year, but that's kind of hard to just throw down unless it's a super powder day with a soft soft landing. When I go out west, I throw fronts and backs onto nice soft landings, so maybe I'll get a chance to try a Lincoln at Whistler if I can gte the money for that.

I wanted to go on Friday, but I had other obligations . . . I might go to the TGR movie in Saratoga . . .

http://www.tetongravity.com/tour/event.aspx?tid=548

nah. i was solo, towards the back, next to a group of teen hooligans. they stood by my table long enough that i offered them the extra chairs from my table as they were to shy to ask.

anyway it's hard to take time outta the ski day to stop and film. i'ld bet between you, your crew and MC2 some great footage could be put together. but who the hell cares when it's time to just go rip.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    I wanted to go on Friday, but I had other obligations . . . I might go to the TGR movie in Saratoga . . .

http://www.tetongravity.com/tour/event.aspx?tid=548
    You going? Picked up my tickets last night. Heading over in an hour and a half or so.
    send it!

Nah . . . Tix were way more expensive than I thought . . . I bailed

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Nah . . . Tix were way more expensive than I thought . . . I bailed
    Probably the best movie I saw this season. Awesome soundtrack too.

Wild Stallions and Hit or Miss, the movie the kids up at Whiteface made, are going to be playing at Putnam Den in Saratoga on Saturday night.
    send it!