Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    that was my first Warren Miller movie. I suspected it was somewhat less extreme than usual. agree the China part was the best. those Snow World stills are great. i actually like the looks of their homemade skis and i love their indomitable spirit. these guys weren't taking any back seat to the extreme skiers and their fancy equipment.

Speaking of Spirit. that part on the sit skiers was very cool. these people, amputees or paraplegics were not about to let it hold them back. No Way! they ripped really good on their equipment, catching mega air and fast times. like watching the Special Olympics, it makes my heart soar to see them excell and have fun without boundaries. the smiles they have are priceless. if any calls that silly, don't care.

Hey, it's really cool you're hangin with those guys. maybe you'll get in their movies. i gotta a feeling they're going places and with fame comes..... smokin hot babes!!! Das good.

any chance of you giving us a head's up when they're at West? would love to watch them and you work the magic. Rossi once said you're the best park skier at Gore. i got a pass at West this year also and plan to be there often. it's only 2 miles from mah crib.

last year, when Rossi's dad had his skis stolen i pm'ed him how the shop would have the serial number, spread it around to various shops and they'ld watch for the stolen skis. not sure Jake needed that tip, but glad it worked out for someone at least. especially Jake as those guys are cool. to me, they seem like a good people and a tight group of friends. their reach is exceeding the normal expectations for kids making home movies. again, Spirit. Das good. definitely awesome skiers. like i said, i got a feeling they're going places.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    that was my first Warren Miller movie. I suspected it was somewhat less extreme than usual. agree the China part was the best. those Snow World stills are great. i actually like the looks of their homemade skis and i love their indomitable spirit. these guys weren't taking any back seat to the extreme skiers and their fancy equipment.

Speaking of Spirit. that part on the sit skiers was very cool. these people, amputees or paraplegics were not about to let it hold them back. No Way! they ripped really good on their equipment, catching mega air and fast times. like watching the Special Olympics, it makes my heart soar to see them excell and have fun without boundaries. the smiles they have are priceless. if any calls that silly, don't care.

Hey, it's really cool you're hangin with those guys. maybe you'll get in their movies. i gotta a feeling they're going places and with fame comes..... smokin hot babes!!! Das good.

any chance of you giving us a head's up when they're at West? would love to watch them and you work the magic. Rossi once said you're the best park skier at Gore. i got a pass at West this year also and plan to be there often. it's only 2 miles from mah crib.

last year, when Rossi's dad had his skis stolen i pm'ed him how the shop would have the serial number, spread it around to various shops and they'ld watch for the stolen skis. Glad it worked out for someone at least. especially Jake as those guys are cool. to me, they seem like a good people and a tight group of friends. their reach is exceeding the normal expectations. again, Spirit. Das good. definitely awesome skiers. like i said, i got a feeling they're going places.
    Yeah I've talked to them a couple of times about filming with them. The main problem is never being able to get up there when they actually are filming, and this year because I'm working it'll be even harder.

But I'll definitely let you know when the comp's are at west.
    send it!

Thanks for the props on my stuff earlier up in the post.

The Saratoga premiere went great awesome bar and just a great venue to do that in. Gota thank Whiteface for putting that on!

We should be doing some park shoots at West Mountain this year! Mark is working with the mountain on setting it up.

Also we are hoping to do a park shoot at Whiteface this year. Rumor is a big jump high up on the mountain!!! Cross your fingers.

thanks for the props (I filmed and edited half of hit or miss for CS films last season because i blew out my knee and couldnt ski all year) This year ill be back skiing and on both sides of the camera. I wish we were on the same level as meatheads, its great to hear that people think we are even in the same league as them, Hopefully this year with some more backcountry stuff, some better park shoots and some more interesting urban features we can get ourselvs closer to their level.

Sick video, guys.

I went to the Saratoga thing, and it was a good time. Saw some people I knew, got to see some sweet skiing. I'd say that your movie (as far as editing, camera work, and production quality) was right up there with the Meathead Movie. You had a lot of interesting camera angles and cool lens work. I think it's just a question of where you can go. The Meathead movie had a lot of cool places (Mt. Bohemia, Michigan; Tuckerman Ravine, Blue Mountain, etc.) as well as some places that they've been before and are getting a little played out for them (Nova Scotia). Your movie had a lot of Whiteface, but I think it got a lot better when you got away from the Face. The Big Tupper footage and the 2 man Colorado project were the highlights for me.

There will always be a place for Whiteface, though, especially if you can get a sweet booter built up high (with some dope scenery in the background). The new gladed terrain will probably also give you a nice area to shoot. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what you bring next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Films
    Also we are hoping to do a park shoot at Whiteface this year. Rumor is a big jump high up on the mountain!!! Cross your fingers.
    this should be cool with the new park at Face. not an expert, but Face seems to build nice stuff.

Glad to see you made it back Alkyy. that knee thing OUCH!

Good luck guys!!! i think if you ever need any help you could post here and probably find some.

Matt had a good point on the scenery and new glades. makes me wonder if showing certain features couldn't also be a marketing draw. Face is world famous. a chance for film goers to see first hand new stuff they've never seen before may draw people into a film. plenty of people who have been to Face, don't make it back each year.

hehehe. you guys outta poach the bobsled run. let's see you ski that hot shot! lol. JK!!!! or that slide thing down at the beach on Mirror Lake w/Placid's Christmas lites and a Dogsled pulling skiers for a lake launch. Hey Warren Miller had that motorcycle powered rope tow launch. Meatheads ripped the Magic Forest....will CS Films rip the North Pole? It has more vert, much better terrain and reindeer. ah, i digress...but it's better than Joe Bruno's consults.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Films
    Thanks for the props on my stuff earlier up in the post.
    I missed the festival, the distance was just too much. Matt did turn us on to your Big Tupper movie with a Vimeo link. Really nice work!
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com