Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trails to avoid . . .

Okay, it's a busy holiday weekend, and every idiot in the world is at the mountain. What trails do you avoid, knowing that they will be crowded, icy and deadly?

I hate to say it, but Excelsior is on my list. It used to be my favorite trail until they put the Gondi in. Now every moron, yahoo, gaper and newb just takes the gondola straight up to Little Whiteface and gets involved in a bumper car race 'til Lower Cloud.

Also Lower Valley becomes deadly on Saturday afternoons . . especially when there's new snow and bumps start to form next to the NASTAR starting house. The people that know how to ski can breeze right through, but the unenlightened seem to link their arms together in a series of traverses in an attempt to make all passage completely impossible.

What else?

You've got 'em: Excelsior, upper and lower valleys. Throw in broadway and lower northway and that's where 80% of the cluster can be found.

Re: Trails to avoid . . .

[quote="mattchuck2"]Okay, it's a busy holiday weekend, and every idiot in the world is at the mountain. What trails do you avoid, knowing that they will be crowded, icy and deadly?

I hate to say it, but Excelsior is on my list. It used to be my favorite trail until they put the Gondi in. Now every moron, yahoo, gaper and newb just takes the gondola straight up to Little Whiteface and gets involved in a bumper car race 'til Lower Cloud.

Also Lower Valley becomes deadly on Saturday afternoons . . especially when there's new snow and bumps start to form next to the NASTAR starting house. The people that know how to ski can breeze right through, but the unenlightened seem to link their arms together in a series of traverses in an attempt to make all passage completely impossible.

What else?[/quote]

Any trail you're on. Don't you think the wonderful paying ($63/day $67 holidays) customers who you call "moron, yahoo, gaper and newb" deserve to ride the Gondi and have a place to play too? Stop the hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Drifter
    This helps explain why you're suck a jerk. You're a hater
    Any trail you're on. Don't you think the wonderful paying ($63/day $67 holidays) customers who you call "moron, yahoo, gaper and newb" deserve to ride the Gondi and have a place to play too? Stop the hating.
    I didn't say they don't deserve a place to play . . . I just said I want to avoid them, and therefore it's good to know where they are.

Also, by hating on me hating on people, aren't you a hater yourself? Haven't you become that which you are against?

In fact, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to me, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    This helps explain why you're suck a jerk. You're a hater
    I didn't say they don't deserve a place to play . . . I just said I want to avoid them, and therefore it's good to know where they are.

Also, by hating on me hating on people, aren't you a hater yourself? Haven't you become that which you are against?

In fact, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to me, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.
    And they thought I was crazy.

Indeed . .

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

Paron's can get busy and skied off from time to time. I have to say though that the times I skied it this season I thought it to be in better shape then in seasons past.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Toga Toga Toga!

Id agree on all counts so far. Any intermediate trail I pretty much avoid at all costs on the weekends, as the masses usually make it amateur hour by 930.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Toga Toga Toga!

Id agree on all counts so far. Any intermediate trail I pretty much avoid at all costs on the weekends, as the masses usually make it amateur hour by 930.
    Comon man, the masses by 9:30? We are taking about WF here. Take a ride to Kmart or Hunta if you want to see masses. You speak with fork tounge.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Avoid Upper Mackenzie past 10:30 - 11:00 on those type days also.