Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    local weather reports are finally showing a week with highs only in the 40's, lows in the 30's...still shaky tho

if it gets cold, seems like they are better at covering ground faster. i think back to an ORDA meeting where Pratt said they can blow more snow simultaineously now..... as in at once. i've seen prolonged zero degree early December weather here before. sure would make up a lot of ground quick.

It's midnight. 35* here at exit 18. Albany news just reported it had dropped down the 35* there two hours ago BUT the SW wind picked up and raised the temperature back up to 50 Degrees!!!!!! what the heck! i suppose it will be 40*+ here soon and at Gore before sunrise. that's screwed up.

They say cold air is right behind it with elevational snow showers starting a 7pm Monday. I'll watch, maybe pigs will be flying. Everybody cross their fingers!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Sadly....Saturday and Sunday were absolutely temperate at Gore. Got lots of work done....rather have been skiing and pushed the work till next seaon. Better I got it done now. My back.....ouch.

Every now and again I can hear the guns from the house. My son came back from a bike ride today and reported "deep" snow at Gore.."lets get our skis and go." He got some kicking 88cm at Cunninghams this weekend and is dying to test them.

We drove from the ADK museum at Tupper Lake on Saturday. 1-2 inches of natural snow laying on the grass on both hills/mountains coming south to NC. However as we crested the last knoll around North River....temp climbed from low 30's to over 40. All precip stopped.

How was the ADK museum? It looks really nice in the ads. Sadly, some who live there tell me the parking lot is usually empty.
    The one at Blue mtn lake is very nice.

Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Both Museums are absolutely fantastic! We did Blue Mt in Aug...packed. At Tupper on Friday---PACKED.

Great for all ages. I would have spent 8-12 hours in each myself, but then I really like this kind of stuff. Kids of every age seemed to be really interested in both.

Hint: Do NOT put your nose over the Mink "puffer". (puffers let you smell what the animal really smells like...they have them for plants too) Beavers oddly smell like a tobacco pipe.

LBTCH--thanks for the photo. Bet its on the websit tomorrow!

[quote="IBeavers oddly smell like a tobacco pipe. [/quote]

Ok. But I never smelled one quite like that.............

Yea, i thought the Blue Mountain museum was excellent. Very well done.

Great to hear they were packed.